Chapter 26 | Lessons

( POV: FALLON AEDEN RAVIA )

After sweating and screaming the entire night long, I force myself to get up and take a shower. I fall back asleep right after and wake up hours later.

I hear loud voices and diverse sounds but that's not what awakens me. It's Raze's soft and gentle voice. He brushes the back of his hand over my cheek, leaning in to replace his gentle touch with his soft lips. "Wake up, darling. Madam Eira made you some soup."

I groan, twisting onto my stomach instead. Raze brushes my hair off my shoulder, pressing his cold lips against my back, gradually moving up from my spine to my neck.

When he kisses my cheek, I find myself smiling, rolling back onto my back to watch him. I notice that we're not alone. The door is ajar but I can see Zale and Corvina standing in front of it. They're turned with their back to us. I was probably hearing their voices.

They enter when they feel that I'm looking at them. "Morning, birdie." Zale grins and I return the smile. We still have a lot to talk about but I don't have the energy for that. Not now at least.

"Raze," I speak up, grabbing his hand. "Where's Faye? I want to see her." I know she wasn't here tonight, I saw her right before everything went down. I left her with Madam Eira for the night, which was probably for the better. But now I want my baby with me again.

"She's still sleeping. Madam Eira is looking after her."

"Okay," I hum. "Okay, but can you go get her? I missed her."

"Su-" he begins but Zale interrupts him, "Fal, maybe drink some soup first. Try to feel a bit better."

I frown at that, "My abuser died, Zale. Not the love of my life. He's sitting right beside me. So don't coddle me like I'm going through a heartbreak." I move to sit up and Raze helps me, placing his hand on my back.

"I know that sister but-"

"There's no but I want to see my daughter. Raze, why are you hiding her from me? Did something happen? Did-"

"No," He instantly shakes his head, looking up at Zale with anger in his eyes. "Of course not darling. She's your baby, I would never keep her from you. No one would ever dare to do that. In fact," He meets Corvina's eyes, "Can you go get her?"

"No, I'll go myself." I grasp Raze's hand, tugging him up with me.

I missed her tonight and you can't blame me for that. I miss her every second that I'm not with her but tonight I missed her even more.

Raze hands me my robe so I'm not cold and I quickly put it on. I put on my slippers as well while I hastily put my hair up into a bun. I make my way toward Madam Eira's room, knocking on her door, excitedly awaiting her to let us in.

The moment I hear her voice, I rush in. "Good morning, dear."

"Morning, granny." I smile at her. My eyes instantly search for my little girl. I find her sleeping in her small bed, her hands pulled up to her face. She can't scratch herself because she's wearing her adorable little gloves. Her lashes are a little wet so I can tell that she cried not too long ago.