Chapter 10 | Are We There Yet?

( POV: FALLON AEDEN RAVIA )

I make way too much noise while trying to get out of this bed. Turns out fighting with pirates is very exhausting, especially when you sleep for 24 hours straight after it.

Okay, not exactly 24 hours but very fucking long.

"Uh-uh," Raze mutters, wrapping his arm around me as he softly pushes my head back onto the pillow. I hum in satisfaction, my eyes instantly closing again.

But then I remember why I was getting up.

"Raze, I'm hungry."

"Wait," he mumbles, he gets up, leans over me, and grabs something. "Here, darling."

It's a banana and some brownies.

Huh.

That'll do.

I'm falling back asleep while munching on it so I put them on the desk and turn to face the most handsome man in the world. I had kind of a bad dream so I'm feeling really insecure about our relationship. It's definitely the hormones because this man does everything right. He's perfect.

I brush my hand over his face, nuzzling into him. Raze has his eyes closed but pulls me flush against him, kissing the top of my head. "What's wrong, my love?"

Since this man can always read my mind and we practically share a brain, he knows and understands everything immediately. "Just a bad dream."

He's exhausted. More so than I am. That is because he insists on watching me while I sleep to make sure I'm not in pain. It's adorable but if he continues doing it he'll be done for by the time she's born. Which mind you that's the time we're not going to sleep at all.

"Wanna talk about it?" He murmurs, eyes still closed.

"No, angel. I just want you to get some sleep."

"Okay, darling. Then you need to sleep too."

Right. Another one of his odd new rules. He can't sleep if I don't sleep. Well, he doesn't sleep when I sleep either so it's rather confusing. His point is that if I'm up and doing things, he needs to be with me. He forgets that I just fought with a dozen of pirates like it was nothing.

Ah... That was fun.

Sure, my little love truly attacked my insides after that but I can't blame her. She's just like me. She was probably trying to help.

"Alright, angel. I'll sleep." I kiss his cheek and he smiles with those fucking adorable dimples of his. He places his head on my chest while his arms remain plastered around me.

I wait until he's fully asleep and then force myself out of his arms, I know he'll wake up so I try not to make the movements too harsh. I keep brushing my hands over his neck and back. It keeps him in some sort of trance and makes it easier for me to slip away.