Chapter 33 | Diamonds

( POV: RAZE AEDEN RAVIA)

I watch Fallon while she sleeps. She's exhausted and I know that I am the reason for that. They knocked me out a few times so I certainly had way more sleep than her.

Right now, I parked the car far in the woods. Yes, that's the opposite way but we needed a place where we could rest and we can't hide in the desert so the forest will have to do.

I brush my hand through Fal's hair, kissing her forehead. She has her head on my lap, her body curled up into this little cocoon. She's dreaming. I can tell because her brows are furrowed and her lips are slightly pouted. She seems upset. I keep brushing her hair, trying to soothe her a little.

But it doesn't work.

Something that she's dreaming about startles her. She flinches and wakes up, immediately moving up but my arm around her halts her. She clutches onto my arm, her nails digging in while I move closer to her, whispering that it's all okay.

Fal's breathing heavily but my words seem to calm her. She leans her back into my chest and stops digging her nails into my skin. There are little crescent moon marks on my arm, she curses herself when she notices it.

"It's okay, darling. Don't worry about that."

"Sorry," She mumbles, completely melting into me. I kiss her hair, holding her close.

"No, my love, it's okay. What happened?"

She sighs, moving back down to rest her head on my lap, "It wasn't truly a nightmare but it was unsettling. I just saw creepy things."

"Creepy?" I ask, pinching her side to make her laugh a little. She does. "What? Like that haunted house we went to?"

"Yeah kinda," My darling chuckles. "Let's forget about it. Did you sleep at all?"

"No," I smirk at her. "I was too busy watching you."

"Of course," She laughs, her hand reaching up to play with my hair. "Shall we go to our daughter now?"

I take her hand, kissing it before I nod. "Let's go." I help her up so she can sit beside me. Luckily for her, I found something very useful in the trunk of the car. A lot of baby items. And also something that can help her with her milk situation. When I reach behind to hand it to her, she gasps.

"You're kidding! Oh, thank fuck!" She grabs it from me, immediately attaching it to her breasts. She exhales in relief.

"You're welcome." I playfully roll my eyes at her as I start the car, preparing to drive out of the woods.

She glances over at me, her hair brushing off her shoulder as she does so, "This is not your doing mister Aeden. It's definitely something supernatural."

"You believe in supernatural things?" I frown as I start the car and begin to drive off.

She laughs, leaning her head back against the seat, "Darling, I fell in love with you. I hated you. That's definitely supernatural."