Chapter 2 | Emotions

( POV: RAZE AEDEN RAVIA )

Turns out she wasn't sick at all.

Nevertheless, she threw herself into my arms when she saw me. I was worried for a few moments but then that concern subsided when she flashed a smile at me.

She implored if I would want to lay with her and my answer was obviously yes.

Right now, she's allowing me to hold her, letting me play with her hair, and she even lets me kiss her.

In the last weeks, I haven't held her this way, and fuck if I didn't miss it. I kiss her shoulder and bury my face in her neck. My one arm is underneath her head and my other is draped around her midsection. My hand is sloping on her stomach while she has our hands intertwined.

It seems to relieve her tension. That one delicate touch makes her loosen up.

Her breaths are slow but constant. She even hums sweetly.

I don't want to ruin this moment however, I can't stop myself from seizing this opportunity, "Fal, baby, can we talk?"

She moves away from me, turning her back completely to me as she doesn't even let me look at her, jerking the blanket over her head. It's a classic move that she's been getting away with for the previous weeks.

"Please. I need you."

This makes her sigh and turn over to face me. Her hands are resting together underneath her cheek while she glimpses up at me. I've missed her so fucking much. It's driving me insane.

We're together all the time but it's not the same. It's different now and I know it's my mistake. It always is. I always wreck everything.

"I'm so sorry, Fallon. I have no idea how to make it up to you. I'm sorry."

"I know you are." She nods. "I'm not angry with you, angel. I get it. I'm just confused. Hurt. And very stressed."

I move near her, cupping her cheek, "It's all my fault and I promise to fix it."

I hope she still trusts my promises. I intend to always keep them. I broke it once but only to keep another...

She nods, "I know you will, angel." She leans into my touch and a soft smile appears on her face. She needs to be close to me just as much as I need to be close to her.

"If we're not angry at each other. If you don't hate me again... Darling, why do I feel this distance then?"

Fal sighs, "I don't know." But the look on her face, the questioning glimmer in her eyes tells me she does. "But I love you. Don't think I don't."

I let out a breath of relief and she giggles, the sound warming my heart. I lean forward, brushing my lips against hers. We both get lost in our feelings, my hands roam her body and I assist her out of her clothes.