Chapter 8 | The Special Ship

( POV: FALLON AEDEN RAVIA )

"Where are you going?" My overly worried husband asks.

"I need to pee and I'm going to shower," I state with a slight frown on my face.

"I'll help." He jumps up from his seated position and steps toward me.

"What? No, why?"

"You'll slip or- I don't know. I'll help."

"With peeing? Raze, I can go alone." I frown, glancing over at the rest of our family sitting in the drawing-room. It's very early in the morning and we just had breakfast. That hummus was... It was something else.

We're leaving in an hour and I want to truly wake up before we do.

"Fal, we're married. You're my wife... I can certainly say that there's nothing I haven't seen before."

"It's not about that," I chuckle. "I can pee on my own. Please sit down. Morana, tell him that I can do it on my own."

The woman grimaces, throwing her long black hair off her shoulder, "I don't know... I couldn't even see my toes after some months. You're at five right? You might need his help."

"Oh fuck you." I roll my eyes at her but then smile at the adorable baby in her arms. "Anyway. Stay here." I tell Raze, cupping his cheeks and reaching up on my toes to press a quick kiss at the tip of his nose.

He tries to hold me back and kiss me but I escape him, giggling while I do so. I love expressing my love to Raze in physical ways but not in front of my family. At least not too much. Not in the way I know Raze will do if I let him. That man doesn't give a single fuck about people watching us.

I wheeze my way up the stairs, attempting to look calm while I'm sure the guards are eyeing me because I'm hyperventilating.

"Empress, do you need help?"

"Do I look like I need help, Dane?" I ask, my voice sounding shaky.

"Do you want an honest response, ma'am?"

That takes me by surprise, "No... I suppose not. But I don't need help." I continue to wheeze and pat myself on the back when I reach our chambers. Third fucking floor. Insanity. Why did I ever agree to move into those new apartments? Horrible idea.

The first thing I do is release my bladder from the torture of holding my pee in. After that, I turn the shower thingy on and wait until the water is hot enough to burn my skin off. I undress and let the water wash away my exhaustion. It feels good, it's soothing. I wash my hair and then struggle with washing my body. It's a little hard to shave my legs when I can't normally bend down.