Chapter 7 | A Trip

( POV: RAZE AEDEN RAVIA )

I can't sleep. And not because of Fallon's snoring or her tossing and turning.

I can't sleep because I need to find a way to fucking end this war. Fal needs some peace, she was doing so good at the Mansion.

Maybe I need to take her to Hulsa while I figure out what to do here. She'll be at peace there...

Fal turns around again, her back to me, various pillows underneath her belly and in between her legs. I take this opportunity to scoot closer to her, placing my face in her neck and slowly rubbing her back. Even in her sleep, she enjoys it. Letting out soft satisfied hums while an adorable smile makes it onto her face.

Until Zale hugged her I hadn't even realized that a simple massage could make her feel so much better. But now I know. And I'm going to try and relieve her pain any way that I can.

I place a pillow behind her back, kiss her hair and move out of our bed. I'm glad she likes this place. It makes her feel safe and I've noticed that Fal loves anything that can make her feel safe.

The biggest example is me.

Of course, I know she loves me for much more than that but I take great pride in the fact that she trusts me to protect her.

To clear my mind, I settle at the desk, taking the special emerald green notebook, and flipping it open to an empty page. I write the date at the top right corner, smiling to myself as I imagine her one day reading this.

Yes, I am writing this for our daughter. But it's just as much an ode to Fallon as it is to her. I can already imagine Fal reading this and crying tears of joy.

Hi, my little darling.

As you can tell, I still haven't found another nickname for you. I will soon. Perhaps your mother will find a cute name for you. Names... We haven't even thought about it yet. I usually seem to agree with everything your mother wants so I'm sure she's going to pick your name. Even the way I started this entrance, hi, is something I've learned from her. She loves saying that word. A greeting of love. A warm welcoming word. Maybe I'm giving the word too much meaning but I think you'll understand what I mean.

My love is an incredible woman. Her words make you feel at peace, her smiles make you feel happier than ever, and her tears are literally always shredding my heart into pieces. Even laying with her bring you inner peace, ask anyone and they'll tell you that it's true. That laying beside her makes you fall asleep almost instantly.