Chapter 9 | Pirates

( POV: RAZE AEDEN RAVIA )

"Fal, go to the cabin."

"Raze-"

"It wasn't a question, darling." I cup her cheek, pressing a kiss to her forehead, "Please go."

She nods, surprising me when she doesn't even question it, and rushes downstairs. I see Morana handing her baby to Fal and she takes her down too. Arcane follows her.

Good.

They're safe.

"Captain, do we need to be worried?"

"Worried? Never. Prepared? Always!"

"My wife is on this ship. My pregnant wife. My entire life is on this ship. I swear Captain-"

"Ye don't have to threaten me, lad. Yer wife will be fine, savvy? My Atlantis won't go down that easily."

He starts shouting orders at his crew while I call out to mine, "Are we fighting? What the fuck does this mean?" Sorin hastily asks and Laurent continues, "We should've just gone with the royal fleet."

"You know we couldn't. This was our best shot." I find myself telling them again. "Now I can keep explaining shit to everyone or we can join this crew and be prepared for whatever."

"Like her?" Mera questions, a confused yet amused look on her face as she angles her head up, looking at someone behind me.

I follow her gaze, seeing Zillah climbing the ropes leading up, "Yeah... She's a little too enthusiastic but sure. Like her."

"I can't climb ropes upside down." Corvina shrugs.

"V, he isn't asking you to climb." Laurent rolls his eyes.

"I know. I'm just saying that I can't do that."

"Then don't do it?" He shrugs.

"Seriously. Don't do it then?" Sorin continues.

"I can climb." Tariq confidently states and I hold myself back from slapping all of them. They're arguing with each other while Captain Sykes walks past me.

"This is your crew?" He laughs.

"I'll have you know that we never lose a fight!" Darius yells after him.

"We've lost a few," Zale says with a disappointed look on his face.

"Well, we weren't there for it so." Tariq laughs, earning a slap at the back of his head from Morana.

"My child is downstairs so you better win this fight."

"The princess isn't fighting?" Caen questions.

"Obviously she is too scared to break a nail." Mera snaps.

Seriously. Why is no one focusing on the issue at hand? Fucking pirates! It's a fact that Fallon is the one commanding these people because look at this! She isn't here and they're a mess.