Chapter 13 | Conflicted Feelings

( POV: RAZE AEDEN RAVIA )

My arms instantly encircle around her and I stop her from falling, pulling the nearest chair for her and letting her sit, "Darling?" I cup her cheek, trying to make her look at me.

"Get me Aceso, now!" I turn to scream at the guards and they shoot into action. I glance back up at Fallon and she opens her eyes holding onto her head. "Darling, hi. Hi, baby. What's going on? Where does it hurt?"

"My head is pounding." She responds, her voice sounding pained. "I'm okay though. Just my head."

I ignore her saying that she's okay and keep my strong hold on her until Aceso arrives. I move aside so he can examine her. He looks into her eyes with a light, letting out a breath of relief when he doesn't see anything bad. He says that he's going to measure her blood pressure. Once he does that he seems even more relieved.

"I think it's low blood sugar." He lets out, sounding immensely relieved. "It can happen when you're pregnant. You ate and drank right?"

She nods and he nods too, "Perfect. Then it's just that. No reason to worry. You're having fewer complications than expected of an Empress. You're doing really good, Fallon. The baby is growing and she's happy and healthy. Now I say, eat something and sit down."

He steps away, to the back of the room. The others weren't close yet so they didn't hear this. If they had they would be rushing to her side instantly.

I step back to her, hugging her before I lean down to kiss her, "You keep scaring the shit out of me."

"I'm so sorry. If it helps, I was scared too." I cup her cheeks, kissing her forehead and burying my face in her neck. I tell her that she doesn't have to be sorry because it's not her fault when suddenly someone hands her a glass of orange juice.

"This will help." Queen Marion tells her. I help Fallon up but I keep my arm strongly around her. She takes the drink, swallowing it down in two sips. "My wife was a master at scaring me too. Fainting at every stressful event." She says to me.

"Could you please tell him that you survived and that he will too?" Queen Rosalie appears beside her wife. I am unable to pay attention to them. My eyes can't stray away from Fallon.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

Fallon nods but she seems tired. Aceso said eat so I think we should sit down and eat. The Queens pick up on it as well.

"Shall we begin the feast?" Queen Rosalie suggests. "Empress, you should sit down."

"Thank you," Fal smiles at them. "Sorry for the dramatic meeting."

"No need to apologize, Empress. As long as you and the baby are okay."

I help Fal settle and once we all sit down, our family enters as well. Madam Eira brings Fallon a plate, "Eat this, dear." She kisses the top of her head and my love nods, hugging the woman.