Chapter 15 | Pineapple Juice?

( POV: FALLON AEDEN RAVIA )

It's early in the morning and I can't fall back asleep. I'm up. Fully awake. And all I want to do is go into the garden, walk past all the trees, bushes, and flowers, and enter the greenhouse.

So that's precisely what I do. I dig my hands into the pots and harvest a shit ton of vegetables and fruits. I plant some other flowers and even a few new vegetables. Queen Rosalie had left us a letter last night, saying that Raze and I, the Emperor and the Empress, we're allowed to do basically everything here.

Oh, and she said that we should treat the Saltwood Keep like it's our home. Now normally someone's words wouldn't make much of a difference to me but Queen Rosalie is actually a really kind woman. I like her.

I'm planning on making my family a lovely breakfast. It's been a while since I've actually made something for them. I need it. It calms me and makes me feel more at ease. Also, I feel like I'm bonding with my little love.

It's just the two of us, surrounded by the prettiest flowers and most delicious fruits and veggies. "I can't wait to hold you." I find myself whispering to her while I pull a few potatoes out of the ground. Wiping my hands clean on my apron.

"I'm going to smother you with so much love. Your daddy will too. We can't wait to meet you, baby." I brush my hands over my belly, smiling to myself while I'm resting on my knees.

I burst out into laughter when I feel her kick in response, "Okay, honey, okay. I know you're excited to get out, I am too. But don't torture me."

Her kicks only get harder and so does my laughter, "Fine. Do your very best darling." I continue to gather the vegetables that I think I need. My smile's extremely bright because of my little love's happy kicks and punches.

A sudden feeling that I'm being watched makes me glance over my shoulder at the door, my thoughts are confirmed when I see Laurent staring back at me. "Morning, Laurent. You're up early, everything alright?"

He nods, "Would you want me to get your Second? Or Raze?"

"No, I'm fine, thank you. Let them sleep."

"Raze is already awake." He states, gesturing behind me with his eyes. I follow his gaze, up the building to the large window of our bedroom. Raze is standing there, topless and with a cup of tea or perhaps coffee in his hand as he watches me. The greenhouse is relatively close to the bedroom so he can see me perfectly. He's smiling as he takes me in and his smile seems to brighten when I meet his eyes.

"Sleep," I place my hand underneath my cheek and lean against it, telling him to go back to bed.

"Okay," He nods, smiling down at me, showcasing his gorgeous dimples. He doesn't immediately move away though, he keeps his eyes on me and I laugh, slightly shaking my head before setting my gaze back on Laurent.