Chapter 3 | Falling In Love

( POV: CORVINA FEARSEY )

If I wasn't bored out of my mind, I never would've discovered the room upstairs, the room where you can see the stars!

It's a dusty room, that's for sure, but it's absolutely stunning. There are lanterns everywhere, arranged in a circle. When you glance up you can see the stars, not the actual ones... But the ceiling has a map of the stars! And those stars are indicated with a tiny light that illuminates them.

Raze never told me about this place. Nor did anyone else. I doubt they even know about it, this castle is gigantic. Way too vast for our small family.

I'm hiding in here, slumping on the dusty floor while I gape at the fake stars. The real ones are out of reach for now. Going outside would be a big risk so we don't do it. In other words, Raze doesn't allow us to.

He's right. He's doing it to keep us safe but it's also fucking boring.

I'm worried about Fallon though. She had some kind of panic attack two days ago, begging to leave the castle and run back to Ravia. If she wasn't my sister, I'd be worried that she's going crazy. But she is my sister so I already know that she's crazy.

We all are. In our own particular way.

Since I'm planning on hiding away in this place for quite some time, I should go get some books. Perhaps a few drinks and something to eat too.

Oooh, I could picnic in here!

I promptly jump up from my position on the ground and hop out of the room and down the stairs. I ask for a cute basket and proceed to fill it with bread, cheeses, jams, olives, and alllll kinds of fruit!

Maybe I should ask someone to join me? Fal! Oh, that would do her good. Some sisterly bonding time.

I walk up to her room but notice she's not there. Her personal guards- Dane and Eli- aren't patrolling outside the door so she's probably not there.

Talking about guards, my guards are slowly walking behind me. They're truly good at being invisible.

"Oh!" I call out when Eli steps out of the room at the end of the hall. "Eli! Is Fallon in there?"

He nods, "Yes, my lady. The Empress is in the war room with the Emperor and some of the other nobles."

"Which ones?"

"House Easthill, Lante, and Miresa, ma'am."

"Oh. Thank you." I smile politely and turn around to walk back up to my secret room.

The Easthills are family... So I'm not surprised by them being here. Lante... The Lantes are probably Zion Lante and his father Marin Lante? I don't know their names for sure but they are our allies if I'm not mistaken.

House Miresa, that's the only house- besides House Pricall- that we haven't met. At least I haven't met. I hope-

"Fucking hell!" Someone curses around the corner. "I'm not going back in there!" The person exclaims.