Chapter 32 | Uncle Duties

( POV: ZALE FEARSEY )

I got everything that she might possibly need right beside me. I give her all of my attention, all of my love, and all of the kindest and sweetest words ever! But I can't stop Faye from crying.

She's relentless like her mother. This little girl is stubborn.

Her tear-stained cheeks and flushed face make me incredibly upset but I can't do anything about it. I decide to hand her over to Grandma.

The experienced woman obviously manages to get Faye to slow her cries. It takes her some time too but she manages it.

"Is she okay?" V questions almost immediately when she reaches our side.

"She is, dear. She's just sad. Missing her parents. Who will be back soon, right?" She cocks her brow at me.

"Yeah," I nod quickly to ease her worries. "They're not that far away from us so it won't be long."

"Good," she lets out a breath of relief, continuing to rock Faye in her arms.

We're in an Inn not far away from the seaside. Fal and Raze did the right thing. The train barely made it here and if they hadn't jumped and cut the car loose, we wouldn't have made it.

The only probably is that when that happened, Arcane jumped. He got out only a few moments after them.

He's a smart animal and I'm sure that he'll find his way back to us but if he doesn't... Fal will be crushed. I don't think that either of them, Fallon or Raze, will like the idea of leaving him behind.

None of us for that matter.

Even Sorin is upset and he left a trail of meat behind so the wolveleon could find his way to us. I obviously made sure all of the raw meat was cleaned up because he won't be attracting just Arcane to us. He'll also attract a dozen of other wolveleons who will eat us.

"Hey," Mera smiles at me as she enters our room. "I got you- well us a cup of tea." She steps toward me, settling beside me after setting our cups down on the table in front of us.

The room is decorated like a beachside cabin. Lots of blue, lots of miniature boats, and of course, seashells.

Mera spots her hand on my lower back and rests her head on my chest. "Are you still worrying?"

"I always worry," I chuckle. "I'm a worrier. But they're adults. They're strong fighters. Smart people. They'll easily find their way back here. We just have to wait."

The Angel & The Devil  |  OngoingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara