Chapter 25 | Cat & Mouse Game

( POV: THE CROW )

( POV: THE CROW )

!! TW: GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS OF VIOLENCE, MENTIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT & SUICIDE !!

When I saw him staring back at me through the fucking bushes I knew for sure that none of it was ever my imagination. Not the kid I saw and assumed was me, not Arryn's voice, not Deimos' voice that I heard at night.

He did all of it.

Another one of his games.

His final game.

I can't drive but I did it once and I believe that I saw Raze drive enough times to figure out the basics.

And this thing is fast.

Fast enough to catch up to that slippery son of a bitch.

He's a fast runner but I probably could've caught up to him if I pursued him on foot. However... Why would I? When I can just run him over?

I manage to round the corner, an instant smile makes it onto my face when I see him running. The headlights of this machine shine a huge white light on him. He looks at it over his shoulder but keeps running.

He's not luring me into his trap. He never expected me to get into this death machine. He doesn't know me.

He never met me... but he's about to.

I roll down the windows, deciding that I want to play a game as well. He's not running as fast as he can, he's tired. I begin to drive slower, it's surprisingly easy. The tiny mirrors on the sides of the machine show me that I'm being followed by our loyal guards. I ignore them.

"Deimosss!!!!" I yell. "Why are you running? I thought you came here to get me?"

He's stumbling, tripping over himself like the idiot he is.

"This isn't fun." I sigh, watching him continue to run like a sad little deer. He runs like I always ran from him. "You need to make an effort, sweetheart. This is not fun for me! I don't want an easy win!"

When he doesn't stop running, I make him stop. I go faster until the front of the car hits his legs and cause him to drop to the ground. Harshly.

I press the button on the radio, that's what Raze always does when we want to hear some music. I have to fiddle with it a bit but a song starts. It's a happy tune. Very lovely. I get out of my warm seat, slamming the door back shut as I step to the front.