Chapter 17 | Butterfly

( POV: RAZE AEDEN RAVIA )

"You have to be patient, Raze. Be strong for her. She needs you to be calm." Zale tells me before handing me a bottle of water.

"Go back in and give her these ice chips." Laurent gives me a bowl of ice and Dane opens the door again, letting me in.

I can't stand to see her in pain but being away from her- even if it is for just a minute- is impossible to handle.

"Steady, Fallon. You're doing well." Madam Eira tells her, wiping the sweat off her forehead.

My love looks up at me with the sweetest smile and it warms my heart just as much as it breaks it. She's in so much pain but she's still trying to smile for me.

"Hi, baby." I settle beside her, kissing her temple and giving her the ice chips. "This will be refreshing, darling."

"I don't want anything, Raze."

"You need something. It's been hours and you need it for more energy."

She sighs but nods, I first give her a sip of the special cold tea mixture that Madam Eira made and then I give her the chips. They're crunchy, she seems to enjoy that.

"Thanks, angel." She murmurs, dropping her head onto my shoulder. She's breathing heavily, especially when she feels another serious contraction. She intertwines our hands, squeezing tightly while holding her breath, waiting for it to pass.

Aceso reminds her to breathe through it but she shakes her head, "Breathing makes it worse." She replies with a chuckle. I place the wet cloth on her forehead and keep it there for some time. Madam Eira's tea and the cold from the cloth momentarily ease her pain.

She melts into me and closes her eyes. When I hear her steady breaths and realize that she's asleep, I feel a million times better. Aceso had told her to try to sleep but she was too anxious to do so. She walked around for exactly two hours before finally laying back down in bed.

The two medics decide to leave us alone for now. As they said this is going to take hours and she needs some sleep to prepare for the real thing.

I close my eyes as well, not necessarily to sleep but to rest with her. Her soft breaths compared to her earlier heavy breathing sounds like heaven. I want her to be this at ease the entire time but that's delusional and I know it.

At least three hours pass before she fully wakes up again. During that period she did move or open her eyes but it was momentary.

"Raze?" She murmurs once she's awake.

"Yes, darling?"

"I'm scared."

I frown, moving up to see her better, "I know it's scary but... Is there a specific reason?"