Selene's euphoria

I followed him to his office room, the glass gave off the radiant view of the city, with the houses and buildings lights were glimmering under the dark blue sky....its gonna get dark soon.

He sat on his office chair, and surveyed some papers which were lying on the desk, thank god, his eyes were in the documents, I couldn't really handle his sharp crimson gaze.

"Today's assembly is at 8:00 pm, will you be attending?" he asked softly, still not looking up.

"No" I said

He stopped whatever he was writing, but didn't glance at me, but muttered as he resumed what he was doing.

"Why..Never mind" he said 

The clock ticked as the awkward silence fell, and I was getting quite edgy, his screech of pencil against the paper, made only comfortable silence in the room.

He asked, startling me 

"Do you want to ask something?"

I fiddled with my hands and somehow made up my mind, if I didn't ask now, it would bother me for the rest of my life.

"That day....you said you liked me...it was true right?" I asked and his eyes instant met me, he looked cold and indifferent, and displayed no emotion.

He said flatly

"No, it isn't" he said and my I bit my lip...he never really liked me, my heart raced as his eyes never left my face, I was afraid that I would break down right now...even if I smiled.

"I have no intention to be friends with you either" he said and those words stung so much that my heart fell, I lost a friend huh...I looked at his crimson eyes straight and not batting an eye, a lump started forming in my throat, I said

"I se..e, thank you" 

I saw his eyes widen a little, what did he expect me to say, I turned my back against him and as I walked out of his room, I sighed in relief and tear poured out of my eye....no way I'm crying...I ran to the washroom, as I started sobbing a little, as I sobbed a little harder while looking at my red face in the sink's mirror, I realized it was a happy crying.

As I came out of the washroom, I hope my eyes don't look puffy, I came to the beginning of another corridor, and saw Dean standing and behind him....urk! It was Jimmy and Wolf, who just spared me a glance and looked other way.

Well Wolf was smoking so he turned his back against us.

Dean was alone, come to think of it, I haven't seen Jake after his battle....ahem...I mean fight with Ben.

"Hey Selena.." Dean awkwardly waved at me and I went to him.

"Hey" I said awkwardly as well.

"What's wrong with your eyes.....did you cry or sleep deprived?" he asked as he raised his eyebrows in concern.

I didn't reply instead a tight smile was formed on my lips.

"About Jake and Ben's, I'm sor-"  Dean was about to say but I interrupted and said 

"Don't. It was no one's fault" I said as I stared sternly in his eyes.

Wolf and Jimmy glanced at me, from the corner of their eyes. Why are things going wrong, am I worthless...? as this thought crossed my mind, I slapped my cheeks, and Wolf's cigarette fell with a plop on the floor.

All three were staring at me, if I get hopeless...who'll be there for those Eunjang idiots?

"Are you okay..? Well anyway, Jake won't be present in the assembly" Dean said