"can't see you cry"

Our peaceful moment in class was interrupted by two annoying voices that seemed to enter the classroom door, the moment didn't feel romantic anymore. It felt as if the fantasy is gone and reality has just now unhinged our locked upon us. We were back in the world of violence and blood, where high school gangs fought each other ruthlessly and we were caught up in between.

This all was the build up for my story, my past, present and the coming future were laid down in front of me. It became clear, when the two people stepped in the classroom that Baekjin will never leave us alone. Not after what damage we have done to him.

A storm was brewing and I was the integral part of it. The door of the classroom was jarred open where two guys were chatting up. Me being over sensitive right at that moment heard everything.

"They are love birds, right?"

"Sshh, he is the part of Ben Park's gang..and the girl.."

"Hey, eh, the girl's busty I would like to tear her up and put a leash around her neck.."

Those words rang in my ear like a sharp bell of alarm, I was quite used to the surroundings of here with all the boys quite intimidating to me, but that never mattered because everyone treated me really well, and I did't seem so much prone to danger, well sometimes. But, I was rescued and paid no heed to it. But this this, my senses were screaming at me to do something, to tear those guys apart. Why? Just because they said something to me, that made my blood boil and yet I maintained my calmness because right now Gerard wasn't doing anything but watching.

I rummaged my bag and found a pen. I gripped the pen hard enough to make my fingers ache. My heart was beating inside my chest and the heartbeat was loud enough that I could hear it pulsating in my ears. I threw the pen, aiming at his eye, with all my strength. The pen went like 'whoosh' , it brushed through his temple and hit the blackboard behind. The pen fell in the floor, its sound echoing the silent morning classroom. His eyes were wide with terror and shock which seemed to stupefy his body.

I clicked my tongue and said

"Tch, tch, my hands has gotten all rough, the inexperience hits hard, I guess"

I boldly stood in front of him, even though I was quivering with excitement at what I have done, the fear in his eyes felt right. His facial expressions were twisted with anger. He was right in front of me. I could smell the scent of cigarette in his breath, and the stench of rotten food. His eyes were red rimmed because if probably weed. I triumphed, which led me to lose focus. He suddenly slapped me so hard, that I almost tasted the blood in my cheek, I was horrified at my own inability to confront that. Before I can, beat the shit out of him. I heard a loud thud and he was collapsed on the floor with Gerard standing in front of me. Gerard was breathing hard as he muttered

"You don't hit women, and don't you dare touch my girlfriend"

G...g...g....girlfriend???

On that time, I wanted to discard everything I have done and rejoice all the words that he have said to me, because he turned towards me, his scent comforted my core and I wanted to just surrender to everything that is between us. Love, like; whatever it is. He cupped my face with both of his palms, his warm hands comforted the stinging that was on my cheek. He planted a soft kiss on my cheek which was softer than any cotton, sweeter than any honey ever made.

My ears were burning with heat as the beaten guy's friend gasped.

*

I took my bus to Yeoundeungpo. I don't know why I come here whenever I feel dejected and depressed. I went to the rock bed adjoining the river. The ripples of water calmed me down as fresh scent of sap hung in the air. I moved towards the edge of the rocks and the deep water met my eyes, just below my feet which was frightening and serene. I saw my reflection in the waters below, man...I do look haggard. I sat on the edge, so that I can gaze at the river and contemplate about my life.

I heard footsteps approaching me from behind, they had a similar sound in them, the familiar sound of walking with authority and a confidence which can't be seen in anyone. 

"Its been a while" the figure stood behind me in its enormous height and said, well the fact is that he wasn't too tall, its just that his aura was enormous than anyone. A cold individual, who is rather apart from the society. He governs society. And manipulates everyone in his charismatic characteristics.  

Yes, it was indeed Baekjin Na of the union. The sun that was hidden beyond the clouds seemed more veiled than a second ago. He causes changes everywhere he goes. A cigarette hung on his lips , limply blowing off smoke. His platinum blonde hair shined in the gloomy surroundings, how ironic, here he is regarded as an angel of darkness yet he is no angel, he is simply the devil. 

"I always find you here" he said, he looked pale as ever. 

"If you are done staring at me, answer" he said 

"Do you know where is Jake?" I asked, because my conscience hit me, I shouldn't 't have bursted my anger on him. Guilt is a really strange thing; it eases away when someone confront it, it goes away little by little when someone coaxes it. Now as situation is in front of me, I have to apologise to Jake because he confronted it, and strangely enough Gerard coaxed it.

He stared at me. His crimson eyes stared at me , probably trying to strip my secrets but don't worry my soft brown eyes won't give away anything. 

After a while of staring, sighing and looking at the river, he finally said

"Jake is managing Daegwang industries"

"Wasn't it managed by Wolf?" I asked, surprised, apparently from the knowledge I have of his business involving minors. Baekjin has assigned some companies to his "employees" in which they are incharge of collecting money from violence, for now this is my presumption but they exert money illegally. 

He scoffed and said 

"Why do you care about all those lapdogs?" 

I noticed that stress lines on his ghastly pale face which seemed to glow with a mystifying type of beauty. It was dangerous and attractive at the same time.

"Sorry to take your precious time, Mr Na" I said and got up, as I turned my back towards him, he suddenly grabbed my wrist, they were cold. What a strong grip he possess. 

"Stay" he said, calmly 

"Why is your cheek swollen?" he asked, as his eyebrows were knitted in annoyance. 

"What about you. You look depressed as usual?"

He sighed and said 

"A war is coming, between Mapo and union, its figureheads they are quite strong but not stronger than me, I'll be fine" his voice grew softer at the last words and I imagined a small smile curling on his lips. This is the same smile, he presented to me when I left the union, haa, this triggered memories, I took a deep breath, how careless I was. No past to bother me, just exploring each and new natures and expression. A tear escaped my eye.No I mustn't feel guilty, my past is a part of me, now and forever. But why, can't I stop these tears. Why am I such a crybaby?

He turned me towards him, but instead I faced his back.

"Cry all you want, I don't want to see you crying"

I smiled and cried, that's why strawberries and cigarettes taste like him.