"Thank You"

"You are all smiles" Ms Kang said, the one who teaches me how to fight.

"What will I learn today?" I asked as I was sweating really hard, from all the squats and exercises she made me do.

She let out a puff from her cigarette and said firmly

"Back kick"

I knew the basics of taekwondo, and I am aware of the fact that back kick is no basic skill, it requires a lot of foothold and footwork which I can't commit to.

"H..ow?Wha..tt?"

"Your exercise time is finished, now its the time for you to learn, some moves. How will you defend yourself on the face of the enemy. The ones you are going to fight are strong? You don't want to rely on help...do you?" she softly glared at me and I gulped, crap she's scary, more than Wolf, I think, I shook my head 

"Teach me" and I said firmly.

*

That old hag....that back kick....took all of my strength and my legs now feel like jelly-o, I carried myself barely to the bus stop. I stood, waiting for the bus and suddenly, my phone rang and it was Gerard and I blushed in a minute.

"Hi.." I said awkwardly scratching my neck

"Hey...Selena, do you have time tomorrow?" he asked me, and I stood dumbfounded at the question, is he...perhaps asking for a date..?

"Yes..I have" I said, not sounding too desperate. 

"I want to take you somewhere, wait for me after school" he muttered against the phone's speaker, and I hung up, as my heart raced on the idea of date and my face wasn't able to hide the blush that just appeared around my cheeks.

*

I was nervous and I kinda avoided him all day...what a scum I am, I ran out of the school to meet him at the front gate. I saw him leaning against the gate, and his arms were folded against his chest, and he looked at the ground in dismay. 

I softly approached him, and he glanced at me, as his eyes peeked from the curtain of his hair.

"You're here"

He was quiet all the time, as we were walking towards the bus stop. He didn't say anything, but as he led me to an eerie place where all the shops seemed abandoned, he suddenly grabbed my wrists, and I hiccupped.

"This place, is dangerous, stay close to me" he firmly said and I nodded. His hand was big and warm, as it was wrapped around my wrists and I smiled at the thought that this is the first time in my life that I've felt like this. 
We arrived at a stoned complex, which was dark greyish in color, it seemed like a short heighted building, where a sign was adjoining the surface of the building, "Dorim Shopping Mall" was written over it.

It was abandoned, a crisp, odor met my nose, and it was tickling.

Gerard took a long sigh and said to me

"I told you about my high school band.....we as an official band used to practice here...but this place caught fire because of me" 

His head was raised high up in the air and I was looking at his face from my height. His lips trembled and I thought he was about to cry. In an instant, a tear trickled down in his cheek, and I looked in shock, he wiped his tear. What to do...? I clasped his forearm which both of my hands, but as he looked down on me, my words flew from my mouth.

He chuckled slightly and ruffled my hair with his palm, even though my face looked pretty much dumbfounded at the moment.

"I know, it wasn't you caused the fire, you are such a kind person-"