Silent sunset

I smiled at his answer and he was cherry red as he fidgeted with  his fingers. I stepped on his foot and came closer, I said in some confidence

"Say it again" god, the confession thing is getting over my head.

"I like you" he said quietly and I grinned like an idiot. 

It was a beautiful moment.

As we were sitting on the floor of the rooftop as the buildings melted in the view of dusk, I said 

"I'm sorry about yesterday"

"Its okay, I behaved irrationally too" he said 

"How are we gonna tell others..?" I asked timidly and nervously chuckled.

"They are gonna know....Alex knew that I like you" he muttered and scratched his hair.

I blushed at that...so Alex knew huh...? Silence fell among us. I suddenly yawned , that's right, I came to school early, I didn't sleep soundly yesterday.

"Are you sleepy?" he asked

"Yeah" I said 

Why are we having such awkward conversations? We clearly confessed in the heat of the moment...now what? I need some advice on dating honestly

"Hey Selena..?" Gerard muttered

"Hm?" I asked 

"I need to tell you something are you free today after school..?" he asked desperately.

"Uh...I have to go to union today, but I'm free tomorrow." I said

His face became crestfallen, as he muttered

"It was important.."

If its important, I won't be able to concentrate because of curiosity.

"You can tell me now." I said.

"He nodded and took a deep breath and said

"I used be in a band in high school"

That's it..?

"I see..that's really amazing" I said, I've got a feeling he wanted to say more.

He hesitated as a sweat drop appeared around his cheek and his shoulders became slumped.

"Is it hard..?" I asked 

He looked at me and nodded.

"Take your t-, I won't lea-, NAH, I'm not going anywhere, I'm here always" I said and stood up on my feet and by spreading up my arms, I smiled at him. I really like you, my broccoli head.

He stood up and suddenly hugged me as he wrapped his arms around my waist. It caught me off gaurd.

"Y..ou idiot....what...a..re y..ou d..d.."I couldn't complete as I was a blushing mess and my the surrounding became very heated.

"Thank you, Selena" he said and gripped me tighter, really it was like a teddy bear hugging me.

I smothered his back, he....has a nice back.

I squirmed, but as he held onto me, he said

"Lets stay like this for a little bit longer"

"Yeah" I said because it was autumn and sun didn't bother us.

*

I took a bus to Yeoinaru after my lovey-dovey day today. I squealed at the part where Gerard with his majestic voice-

"Ahem Miss Park, what are you doing here today.?" A rough authoritative voice broke my daydreaming, it was Kingsley.

"I wanted to talk about my contract of employment.." I said

"What about it.." he asked as he scanned my contract.

"I would like to terminate it" I said

"I see.." he said as he pushed up his glasses.

"I'm quitting" I said 

"You need Baekjin's stamp on this"

I sighed and knocked the door to his office.

His cold voice rang as he said 

"Come in"

I entered and his chair was facing me as he was scribbling something on the papers. He wore a charcoal colored suit and he was looking dashing.

He didn't even look up and said

"Ms Park" and memories with him came flooding in.

"Yes" I managed to say it without stuttering and put the contract on his desk.

His eyebrows furrowed sharply as the crimson gaze pierced through me, as he said in an unbelievably quiet voice.

"You're quitting?"

Oh please, don't look at me like that.

I nodded, as which idiot would have guts to say in that situation.

"I see" he pursed his lips as he stamped on the contract, should I say "Lets never meet again" that will sound cringey, because we fought not fought, I guess silently made a pact to never talk to each other, going separate ways.

He sighed and said 

"You can go"

I nodded to him and as I was exiting a though crossed my mind, thanks Baekjin for being warm to me, even though you are cold.

I stepped out of the building...mm...I leant besides the doorway as I thought was everyone really so evil here?  They just weren't angels.

My back was against the wall. I won't cry.

"What are you doing?" I voice asked me .

"Shut up" I said without realizing , but I saw it was Baekjin who asked me. I hope I don't die.

He chuckled.

He asked
"Why are you quitting?"

I said
"I need to focus on my studies" and Gerard.

He was quiet and then said
"Thank you...Ms Park...no Selena"

I smiled at his gesture, how can I forget him after all, I was the one to find solace in him.

"Baekjin, thank you for treating me warmly, even though you are cold" I said and felt cringe all of a sudden, but as soon as he looked up, with quite a pain showing in his red orbs, tears suddenly pooled in my eyes.

The setting sun's rays shone brightly and he had to squint his eyes and he wasn't able to notice my tears.

His lips curled in a little smile only I could see and then the sun's rays blurred it all, he suddenly went inside the building and stood in shade.

I stood outside and he, away from the sun but we both watched the glorious sun sinking as he, watched it from inside and I stood in ablaze glory, silly us, we didn't say a word to each other. It was a silent sunset.