The glipse of past-1

After my conversation with Lily, in the end I couldn't ask her where my school was, what really was it, because I wanted to figure it out on my own. But can I really do that...? I am helpless, I can't even fight properly.

I was walking through the corridors of the the cram school, when I realised that I've been nothing but a burden to everyone else.

"Selena?" a voice interrupted my thoughts and I looked up and saw Gray standing at the threshold of the classroom. It seems like his class has just ended.

"Did your class end?" I asked him, despite pretending to be happy, I couldn't hide the distress in my voice, and being sharp as he is, he seemed to have noticed it as well.

"Will you come with me? I have to go somewhere" he asked me.

I nodded but he just wanted to go to a bookshop, to pick a book on maths..? I couldn't help but my mind was stuck at the encounter with Lily. As Gray was going through the other books, my attention drifted to the mangas and shamefully, I started reading them. As Gray completed his book shopping, we headed out.

It was already late evening, as we bought some noodles from the convenience store and started eating them, outside the store, and settled on the few tables, which were under the shade of a large umbrella.

"Selena...you seemed bothered..did something happen?" he asked me, I wanted to avoid that question, because I wanted to be alone with my thoughts but my voice somehow wanted to express them.

"I met an old friend today, I really didn't remember who she was...I'm ashamed to admit that even though I know my memories are imprtant, but I'm happy without them yet-

Before I could elaborate further, Gray interrupted me, in a desperate voice he said-
"Stephen!....uh....sorry....I had a friend named Stephen, he was bullied. I couldn't do anything but watch. One day....his bullies called him on the rooftop and he was pushed from the rooftop and fell...he is in coma ever since"

The expression on Gray's face represented the grief, which I have probably never seen before. His eyes were cold and sad, just like the day, I first met him. Devoid of any emotion.

It was evening's favourite pink hue and the clouds of color orange were taking their place in the sky. My eyes pooled with tears in them.

"Why are...you c...crying?"

I wiped my tears as they were clouding my spectacles. Tears came because Gray had to deal with such a painful memory and he had to fight alone, that's why he is so strong because he know the burdens of being strong.

"I don't want to forget him, I tried hard to supress my memories but it made me more miserable, you can't hide the past, because it's a part of who you are, maybe you can't regain your memories because you are trying to forget them" Gray's magenta eyes gazed at the sky which turned purple.

At that time, the worrying creases at my forehead started to disappear and I said
"Thank you"

His eyes didn't have that cold emotion anymore, they seemed more warmer than usual. It made me happy.

*

At night, just before going to bed, I was experience a splitting headache and my nose was congested, I seem to have caught cold. Ben brewed me some Cinnamon tea and sat by the end of the bed, watching me drink it.

"Thanks..Ben" I croaked

"Take care of yourself. Don't make me catch cold" he said and I sniffled, his eyes warmed at me and he suddenly kissed my forehead.

"What are you doing, its making me puke?" I said to him, annoyed.

"Don't act strong all alone, after all brothers are meant to protect their sisters"

He took the cup from my hands and switched the lights off my room. I breathed in the remains of the aroma of the tea and my eyelids felt heavy as I drifted off to sleep. I had no idea that time, that I will gain all that I lost.

FLASHBACK:
"Hahaha" Eunha's giggle entered my ears and I winces at the sound as I was trying my best to sleep, a book was over my eyes, sparing me from the sun's light at the rooftop.

"Oi, stop it!" I said, as I removed the book, and squinted my eyes, Eunha's face was blurred but her Taupe grey hair, were gleaming brightly under the sun.

"Don't be a spoilsport, keep sleeping" Lily chirped, as she wiped her glasses with the helm of her shirt.

"Ugh...Sel's right...ya'll be quiet" Julia said as her strong aura radiated amongst all of her. She did put make-up again. It suits her very much. Her purplish hair were tied up in a bun and the scar on her neck was visible.

Julia stood up and looked underneath, surveying the school ground....checking whether anyone was following us or not.

"Don't worry Julia, Sel's going to beat them, after all she is the top student at mom's dojo"

Do I have to fight again? Ugh....it takes a lot of effort.
"I know. I just don't want her hurt.." Julia's voice trailed off to silence.
The break got over and we four were heading towards our classrooms.

"Hey...Eunha, are you alright? I mean- after your parents divorce?"

God, Julia is straightforward.

"Yup, our dojo lost some students, but everything will be okay" Eunha said and as she smiled, her features glowed in sunlight, specifically her blue eyes, they were clear the sky without a hint of white clouds.

"How is your brother?" I asked

"Hyung is amazing! he was just the topper of his semester" she said and clapped her hands together.

"That's great" I smiled at her answer, as the class started I settled down with Julia. She whispered to me when our Korean teacher's face was immersed in writing at the blackboard.

"I wanted to tell you that, we are thinking of transferring schools, particularly, me and Lily"
"Mm, that's new" I said, I was quite annoyed but I didn't show it..

"Yeah.." Julia hesitated, like she wanted to talk something else, but I didn't ask her the reason, if she doesn't want to state it, I won't force her either Lily.

Everyone has got worries of their own....I have worries too.