A tale of past- 2

I looked over the window, while the lesson was going on, three familiar faces bobbed on the surface of the ground....Ah they were the ones who screwed up with Eunha when she rejected one of them. These bastards really are looking for someone to kill them...
After school got over, my hunch of losers targetting me is never wrong, and true that. Those three idiots. I know a little fighting so I can protect Eunha.

We were walking towards the school gate and I noticed those three, were already waiting for me at the gate. One of them, caught my eye.

"Listen, Julia" I beckoned her to move a little back as she was walking in front with Eunha and Lily.
I leaned over to her and whispered

"I have some work...so make some excuse to the two of them"

She eyed me suspiciously but gave up considering that its better not to argue when I set my mind on something.
As those three departed for home. My palms went sweaty. Yes, I know how to fight but still it scares me. But, I have no other choice. Eunha is fragile, just like a glass, if I don't do anything, she'll just shatter and break.
I looked around, but they were nowhere to be seem.

I  sighed as I just saw bodies to students coming out of the gate, as the sun was dipping and murmur of students entered my ears. I kicked a stone, and thought, my hunch was wrong after all.
But, fate doesn't work that way. As I was taking my route to home, just a few distance way from school, I heard a voice.
"Yo, Hyo-in, your money, give it to us. You are loaded aren't you?"
I peeked into the alley and saw that one of three people, one was crouched in front of a boy who was shivering as he was leaning against the wall, and cowering his hand....Ahhhh. A bullied person.

"Yo! what is happening here?" I asked as I stepped into the alley, not fearing the consequences, because I considered myself strong than the ones who can't.
The bullied kid's whole frame shivered. He quivered in fear as I approached, I jerked my head towards the opening of the alley, motioning that he can go.
The alley was narrow enough so that I don't have to gaurd my back. I took a deep breath. The alley smelled stale and garbage was lying on its corners.

I closed the distance between the three bullies. I approached the middle one and swung my fist and it landed on his cheek and the blow flattened it and a sharp pain entered my knuckles.

"What the fuck- attacking out of nowhere" The second one sloppily swung his fist, a sound came like whoosh and I ducked in time by dodging it. I extended my leg straight and kicked his balls

He grabbed his balls in defense and started rolling in pain. The other two tried to punch me at the same time, luckily they were standing next to each other, and ended up puching on either side of each's cheek as I ducked in time. A crunch indicated that the blow was indeed quite powerful.

Thank god, they were idiots.

"Y..yo..u, just a mere girl" The guy stood up, his balance on both of his feet was unstable. Instead of trying a choke, I headbutted him so strongly that my  forehead throbbed with pulses of pain.

He stumbled against the wall. I took a sigh of relief and walked out of the alley.

*

"You fought yesterday, huh?" Eunha asked as her lips were forming in a tight smile.

I nodded my head, I tried to keep my expression neutral as possible. She paused, thought of something, then said hesitatingly

"Sel, I took a part time job near Yeongdeungpo, in a convenience store, as a cashier. They pay well but-"

"Selenaaaa, Ben scolded you, didn't he?" Lily said, stretching my name, so that I can focus my attention on her and contemplate what she is saying and reflect on my action.

"Uh- That's-" I was looking for an excuse to what can I say, but Eunha's words crossed my mind.

"Oh, what were you saying?" I turned to Eunha, her figure was scrunched and her face was so close to the pages of a book, that she was almost breathing on them.

"Nothing" she said and dismissed me. I shrugged my shoulders considering that it didn't hold any importance.

It was almost evening when we came out of the bookstore. The purple skies were making their last rounds before they can turn pitch black. Soft rays fell on us, as we bought some snack from nearby stalls and were making our way to the uphill road.

The apex of the uphill road was our favourite place.It was the best place from where we can view the whole city.
We four climbed slowly and steadily, our limbs giving up, aching, we breathed the color of skies, which was slowly turning to inky black.

As we reached the apex, our favourite bench awaited us and below the fence was downright view of the whole city. We huffed as the cold air went through our faces, and we looked down at the glimmering buildings' tops.

"Whoa" Eunha said, as her eyes were gulping in the view of the city underneath.  The N Seoul tower stood and glinted its purple light.
The houses lights were like a clustered bunch of dots contrasting the dark sky.

I heard the rattle of coins behind me, as Julia was taking drinks from vending machine.

She handed me the soda can and I popped it as the fresh soda entered my mouth.

"Thanks.." Eunha said to me and chimed her can to mine and the others.

"Ehhh...why?" Lily asked as she settled herself on one of the benches and Julia silently sat with her. Surrounded my friends, and no useless chattering was peaceful. We were quite tired yet being with them gave me comfort beyond everything.

As the wind swept through me and made me shiver me from its intensity.I loved that moment of being with them.

Something clicked in the sky and fell swiftly like an arrow.  It was lustrous  silver, sleek and swift.

"Look, a shooting star!!" I pointed at it, before it can wither away to dust.

"Make a wish, quickly!!!"Lily said and Julia clasped her hands in a prayer. After it went away, I asked them

"What did you all wish for?"

"Admission in a reputed high school" Lily said with a sigh.

"A quiet life" Julia replied. A liar.

"Prosper of mom's dojo" Eunha said, and buried her chin in her neck.

"So, we told ours, what did you wish for?" Julia enquired as she raised her eyebrow.

"Me? I don't believe in such stuff" I dismissed them with that, they all groaned and murmured in defeat.

Deep down, I wished for the lasting friendship for ours, yet looking back, it seemed like a child's wish which didn't fulfil at all.