Thunder and Lightening

Why is the school so heartlessly tiring? It was just some days before when I met Baekjin. On the top of it, I didn't even have the chance to go on a date with Gerard. I am sitting in cram school right now, after school hours its compulsory to attend the hefty cram school. I can't escape this vicious cycle of studying and torture.

"Hi" a similar voice rang in my air, I snapped out of my thoughts. A familiar silver haired guy smiled at me. His soft features even softened in the sun rays which were streaming into the room through a tiny window. He is even more prettier than me. I remember when I first met him he seemed distant and cold. It seemed smile was a foreign concept to him.

He asked me

"Do you know Baekjin Na....personally?"

My mouth hung open, why is he asking about him...

"I know him, did something happen, you are enquiring about him out of blue?"

"No not yet" he said and went away. At that time, I never knew his intentions but it was sure for something disastrous. It was almost afternoon, I called Jake around that time because my conscience guilt hit me and I could never go away from apologising for what I have done to him. I admit that I have been cruel to him because I was going through the trenches of my past but that's never an excuse. I ardently need to apologise to him.

I called him and he instantly picked up.

I took a deep breath and said

"Heyjakeareyoofreerighnow?"

"Wh..at?" I got that reaction from him on the other end of the line.

"Um I would like to meet you right now, are you available?" I asked, this time my words were better phrased.

We decided a place to meet. I entered a warm cafe, whose walls were soft wooden brown and a smell of coffee hung in the air. It met my nostrils and I drawn to order before Jake could arrive. The cafe was almost empty as it is said to be frequently visited by Baekjin Na. Union members occupy this warm place. I sat on a mahogany table facing the Han river. I wonder if Baekjin likes this view of looking down on people. Everything including the trees look tiny, just like ants.

I placed my bag on the table and got up to take the order. As I stood in front of the ordering table, the teenage looking barista came up to me and asked

"What would you like to order?"

"One tiramisu latte" I said

And only a second later the voice besides me said

"One Americano"

I looked at the stranger besides me and I was surprised to find that it was Jake who ordered that Americano. He nodded at me.

"Selena" he just said

"Jake" I said, as a little smile curled upon my lips.

With our drinks, we sat. Silence prevailed us to say anything but nevertheless I made an effort.

"How are you?" I asked

"Fine" he scoffed

He isn't fine at all. He was looking at the plain view which was below us and it gave me a time to examine him. Underneath his eyes there were visible stress lines present.

"What is happening in the union?" I asked

He sighed and said

"Union is in conflict with Mapo, the organisation across the river"

I nodded and said

"It means too much work for you"

He chuckled and said