Chapter 23

NOTE

NSFW

Well, this chapter makes it clear why the story is categorized as Mature 😉

=========================================

Once Miranda and Andy arrived at the clinic, Dr. Jones explained the test procedure again. After changing, Andy was helped by a careful Miranda to lie down on the clinical examination gurney, and moments later, the doctor began transvaginal ultrasound.

Andy grimaced in discomfort as she felt the probe being inserted, and Miranda gave her hand a comforting squeeze. The young woman was not watching the screen of the medical apparatus. Her attention was on Miranda, who was looking at her intently with a reassuring smile.

"Well, Miss Sachs, congratulations. You're pregnant!" Dominique told exultantly.

Andy's relief was audible in the form of a tearful sob. The emotion that engulfed her was nameless.

Miranda reached down and hugged Andrea.

"We did it, my Dear...we did it..." Her voice was shaky.

Dominique gave the couple time to deal with the feelings. She herself was extremely happy with the confirmation of the pregnancy. In cases like that, success had an even more special shine.

Minutes later, with the two of them more composed, Miranda lovingly brushed away some of the tears that still stained Andrea's face. She then stood beside the younger woman again and held her hand tightly.

"Can we continue?" The doctor asked with a smile, and the couple nodded in agreement.

"Unh...Ho-how many babies are there?" Andy finally got the courage to ask, looking at the screen. Which did not do much good, since, to her, the image was just a bunch of blurs.

Dominique waggled her eyebrows in suspense.

"Only one," she finally told them, taking pity on their expectant features. "You will be the mothers of a beautiful little girl, or a handsome little boy."

Andy pulled Miranda into a tight hug, nearly suffocating the older woman.

"Darling...I can't breathe..."

"Oh sorry!" Andy let out awkwardly, leaving her free. Damn hormones!

After taking in two deep discreet breaths and smiling, Miranda assumed her stoic look, and took Andrea's hand again.

"Let me take the probe off so we can talk," the doctor suggested, not quite able to hide her amusement, which died after the glare she got from Miranda. "Stay down until I get back," she was quick to say.

After receiving her patient's nod of agreement, Dominique went into the exam room bathroom to discard her gloves and wash her hands.

"I will print a copy to explain everything to you. In the meantime, Miss Sachs, you can slowly get up and put your clothes back on," the doctor instructed as she returned, from behind the examination room.

Miranda helped Andrea do as requested, handing over her clothes, respecting her privacy. Then, they went to Dominique, who was already sitting in her chair, with the copy of the ultrasound in hand.

The doctor waited for the two to be seated, before starting.

"The development of the pregnancy is fully satisfactory," she said, pointing with her pen to a darker section marked with a red circle. "Since you are young and healthy, we have almost a hundred percent chance of a conclusion. However, knowing the importance of this pregnancy, we will have a more constant monitoring. Until the third month, when embryo formation ends, and where the risk of miscarriage increases, I want you to have a transvaginal ultrasound every ten days, from today."