Chapter 24

Cold and an instinctual emptiness alerted Andy, who was slowly waking up, missing the warmth of Miranda's body next to hers. The young woman frowned and grunted in annoyance. She fluttered her heavy eyelids and saw, still with half-closed eyes, the older woman hurrying across the master bedroom.

"Already up?" Her thick voice stopped Miranda halfway.

The older woman turned to her, a lopsided grin gracing her face.

"Work, Dear."

Andy pursed her lips, a little more awake.

"Even so, it's still early..." She stated, then looking shamelessly at the other woman's body.

Miranda was all nudity and temptation.

The older woman made an affronting sound, but her lover's heated gaze was already melting her in certain areas, as was her resolve not to go back to bed and enchant Andrea.

In three strides, Miranda was on top of her, her mouth on the younger woman's neck, as their bodies tightened in an urgent embrace.

Andrea managed to get Miranda out of her mind without even trying hard. All she had to do was stare at her with her big brown eyes and pout her lips, and any attempt Miranda made would be worthless.

The younger woman touched her in a way no other had ever come close. This scared Miranda greatly. Andrea Sachs would be the only person capable of breaking her beyond repair. Miranda knew that this power was reciprocal, but still, such knowledge did not relieve her. On the contrary, it made her more attentive. As she had been vehemently telling herself since they started that journey, she would not make the same mistakes with Andrea.

Miranda Priestly would not change who she was, nor would Andrea want to. After all, despite her absurdities, it was this multifaceted woman that Andrea fell in love with. Though, Miranda knew that certain ways in which she handled things would need to be adjusted. It was being a slow, and sometimes painful, but effective process.

The night before, Miranda had started acting on something that had always been a bone of contention with her exes. For Andrea, she would change a routine she had strictly maintained for the past fifteen years.

The Book.

Miranda did not interrupt her time with Andrea to see it. From then on, except in extraordinary situations, she would handle the inspection of The Book in her office. Her note-taking would be delayed, but Runway would survive. Like her, the magazine would also need to adapt.

"Umm...Much better this way..." Andy gasped a while later, as she was nibbled on the chin, and one of the older woman's hands caressed her neck and shoulder.

Miranda agreed with a husky laugh.

How Andy loved to hear that sound!

Miranda. Her Miranda did not fail to surprise her. And it was wonderful!

Their night was remarkable. The intimacy, affection and physical harmony between them were perfect, a renewable desire, and increasingly mature.

"We can't do this now, Darling..." Miranda was not very convincing, as she felt one of Andrea's hands slip between her legs.

"Why not? It's still early..." It was said again, in a sly voice.

Miranda grabbed Andrea's wrist, taking the dangerous hand away from where she desperately wanted to be touched, but which at the moment, she could not.

"I promised the girls I'd make breakfast...Besides, I need to adjust my schedule...I still need to see The Book..." Miranda gently kissed her fingers.