Chapter 34

The next morning, a tired, but quite pleased and happy couple was welcomed into the townhouse by a pair of lively twins and a hearty breakfast. If it had not been for Andy's commitment to helping her friends move, they would have been spending a lazy family day.

Apart from the expected weakness, the girls were excited about the event. After the heavier treatment began, it would be their first time out. Adding that to the fact that they could meet Andy's friends, Saturday promised to be very special.

After breakfast, the four of them went to get ready to leave. Andy helped the twins choose the best outfits, masks, and wigs, as well as making them, at their request and with Miranda's consent, smooth, corrective makeup. The little ones wanted to be at their best. They knew about their physical limitations and that they should be medicated, but they did not want, not on a first get-together, to look so fragile.

"It's going to be nice to meet your friends, Andy," Caroline said for the thousandth time, when they were already inside the car, heading to Eliza and Sophie's address.

As before, Andy smiled and nodded in agreement.

"They'll love you, darlings. Liza and Sof were so happy to hear you're coming with us. As for Lily and Doug, they already know so much about you from me that they can't wait to finally meet you two!" She assured, again.

The twins smiled contentedly.

Once they heard that Andy and Miranda would help with the move, the girls wanted to participate. At first, Miranda did not like the idea very much, worried about the condition of her daughters. But the two of them, and Andy, convinced her that it would be safe, they would not be exposed. Besides, it would be good to get out, unwind a little. By promising not to strain physically and wearing masks, they won the bargain.

* * * *

"Roy, we should be here for a while. You can go back to the townhouse. When we decide to leave, I will call you."

The driver touched the brim of his cap.

"Yes, Miranda. Andy, girls, have fun."

Andy shot him a glare. He knew full well that it would be such an ordeal.

"Thank you so much, Roy," she was sarcastic.

After a slight smile, the driver got back in the car and drove off.

Andy held Miranda's arm, took Cassidy's hand, while her partner, Caroline's.

"Shall we go?" She prompted with a smile.

The girls responded with enthusiastic nods, and Miranda, with her usual 'huh' and pursed lips.

After all the fuss about their relationship, little by little the press chasing after them waned, as other subjects became more interesting in the eyes of the sensationalists. Although they were still followed by the paparazzi, they were few and far between and relatively discreet.

They walked to the building's entrance. The place was well lit and decorated, very cozy. It did not match Miranda's lifestyle, but it was far superior to Andy's old one. It felt like her friends were moving up.

When they reached the front desk, Andy had to control herself not to laugh at the silly girl. The recognition was obvious. The doorwoman's stutter as she addressed them, and her adoring gaze towards Miranda, left no doubt.

After the young woman instructed that they could go up, in the elevator, Andy finally laughed, along with the girls. Miranda just huffed. She found that so tiring.