3

Wednesday 4:00pm

Xiao: traveler.

Aether: Xiao.

Xiao: I'm unsure of what to wear. Zhongli placed three different outfits in my room. What does this mean?

Aether: HAHA oh Xiao, wear whichever one you like :)

Xiao: no. There must be a meaning to this. My father is a very calculated man, but he left no instructions. He won't answer any of my calls.

Aether: I'm sure it's not that deep Xiao, but if you'd like, I'll try contacting Zhongli for you

Xiao: ty.

4:05pm

Aether: Okay so it went to voicemail each time for me too, but I'm already in Liyue so I'll swing by the venue area and see if I can catch him

Xiao: ty.

4:46pm

Aether: Okay I was able to find him and he said the green and black one

Xiao: ok. What are the others for?

Aether: The tan and black one is for me apparently

Xiao: excuse me?

Aether: Yah, that's what he said

Xiao: and what about the red and black one? Also, am I supposed to bring this to you now?

Aether: Idk. And I can always come there and get ready with you? I'm not too far from Wangshu. We can just walk to the venue together

——

IN PERSON:

I look up from my phone, jumping out of my skin at the sight of the green-haired adeptus directly in front of me in the mere seconds of sending my message.

"Geez, Xiao!" I say, hand on chest. "Hi?!"

He says nothing, before I'm swiftly kidnapped from my location, blink my eyes, and appear inside of a bedroom.

"You think we have time to wait for you to walk here?" Xiao says, brushing off his shirt. "Hmph. I don't have time for your human leisurely strolls. Now get ready."

I smirk, taking a look around his room. Very neat, very...empty almost. "You're not much of a collector, are you?"

"I don't stay in this room," he snaps, opening the wardrobe and throwing an outfit at me. I scramble to catch it in one piece. "I'm usually out in the mountains. Places like this are too...loud, cramped."

"Why do I feel like you barely sleep?" I tease, starting to loosen whatever is holding my outfit together.

"Demons do not stop just because you're tired and the moon is out." Xiao begins lifting his shirt, but immediately stops when he remembers my presence. His eyes grow wide, face visibly on fire, before turning his back toward me and clutching himself like a church lady with pearls.

I can't help the smile that spreads across my face. "What's wrong, Xiao? Stage freight?"

He turns back to me swiftly, face still red but expression full of embarrassment and rage. "Y-you shut it!" he points harshly. "This is simply my reaction to an experience I am unfamiliar with."

I chuckle softly, getting a sick enjoyment out of seeing someone so tough squirm at something so regular. So much so, that when he's watching, I begin stripping off my shirt slowly right in front of him. Of course, he immediately turns away, frantically grabbing his outfit and heading toward the bathroom.

"Xiao," I say, and he stops.

"What is it, traveler?" he says through clenched teeth.

"Look at me."

He pauses, not turning around, not saying a word.

"Look at me, Xiao," I say again, softer this time. He hesitates once more, but then slowly, his body turns toward me, face still flushed over as his eyes trail up my bare chest to meet my face. "See? It's just me but without a shirt on. Is it so scandalous?" I chuckle again, doing a twirl to give him the full view of my bare upper area.

The look on his face is almost concerning. He looks a mix of going to pass out and might explode. His breathing seems to thicken as he looks me up and down, then darts so quickly out of the room I have to catch myself against a table to keep my footing from the impact.

He's gone for a while, so I take the hint and just get dressed. As soon as I do, he comes back in, suited up as well.

"Wow..." I say. Now I'm the one trying not to get flustered. The green button up shirt fits every curve, along with the black vest and pants. His shirt doesn't button up all the way, leaving just a peek of his upper chest. I smile softly. "You look amazing, Xiao."

Xiao's face seems to stay warm as ever as he tries his best not to look at me. "Yeah," he says. "Thank you. So do...so do you, Traveler."

———————————————
TO BE CONTINUED