46

TW: homophobia

"Oh my god hurry up!" Xiao crosses his arms and shakes his head at me as I look at my ass in the mirror.

"Do these pants make my ass look fat?" I say, completing ignoring his attitude and the groans that follow my question.

"Your ass always looks fat," Xiao yells. "Now let's go!"

I give a cheeky smile, satisfied with his answer. "Okay okay, these are the ones then." I look over my hip hug, light wash jeans and black cropped top with two thumbs up. There's glitter in my hair and on my face, and I had Xiao paint me a pretty rainbow on the side of my cheek for the pride party I'm taking him to tonight. I was going to wear something a bit more colorful, but I wanted to match Xiao and he refuses to wear anything but black so I improvised.

"You look sexy," Xiao says, blushing a little, "but didn't you say it started at 9?"

I throw up a cutesy peace-sign pose, then look at him with a sigh. "Babe, it's a party! You can go at whatever time you want. Besides, who goes to a party at exactly the time it starts? You wanna be at least a bit fashionably late... You look sexy too, by the way." I get distracted as I eye my pretty boyfriend up and down. He too wears a black, sleeveless top that's just short enough to show off his hip bones, some black leather pants and combat boots to match. I made him add a little glitter to the sides of his eyes as well to top it off so he'd fit in a bit better.

"Why would anyone want to be late?" Xiao groans.

"Sorry what?" I say, eyes popping back into his.

"Nevermind, how far is it?"

"It's close to the boarder of Sumeru but still Liyue," I say. "Also, people from all over come to it so we're probably gonna see some people we know from Mondstadt and Inazuma too. Oh my god I'm so excited. What are you waiting for babe?? Let's bloody go!"

"But you..." Xiao sighs, letting it go and just aggressively taking the hand I offer him and following me out.

———

We're almost there, when I spot a liquor shop across the way.

"Wanna pregame a bit?" I say, and Xiao frowns.

"Won't they have alcohol there?"

"Well duh," I say, "but you pregame so you don't have to buy too much of it there, and so that you enter the party already pretty lit. I think it'll benefit you especially, tight ass." I smack his rear and giggle, grabbing his hand and pulling him across the street and into the liquor shop.

The bell chimes as we enter, and the lad behind the counter immediately stares at us with this hard, unwelcoming look. The smile I once had on fades, and I try my best to avoid further eye contact, leading Xiao behind a few isles to the back.

"Okay," I say, "what would you like?" I present the cold section to him, and he only looks for a second, before turning back to me with a shrug. I frown. "Well you like LITs, so how about a hard ice tea? Or maybe something stronger. I know you prefer the sweeter stuff though. How about a peach flavored wine? Xiao?"

When I turn back to my boyfriend, he's not looking at me at all. My eyes follow those intimidating eyes to a man far behind me—the man that was at the counter when we walked in. He's still there, only he's moved to the very far end to spy on us. That same disgusted look is smeared over his face, and he pretends to do something while clearing watching us.

"Why does that man keep looking over here?" Xiao mumbles. "Does he have a problem or something?"

I feel a lump form in my throat—not because of the man—because I'm afraid that a scene is about to break out and I don't want to have to fix it.

"Just ignore him baby," I say, placing my hands on his shoulders and turning him toward the drinks. "Pick one. You want the peach tea wine? I can get it for you." While he's distracted, my eyes flicker over to the man to see him now shaking his head and aggressively pretending to fix things on the counter, mumbling something to himself.

Xiao opens the fridge and picks out the peach wine, and I hurry and grab a bottled strawberry daiquiri and vodka, pulling Xiao toward the counter in hopes that we can just get out of here as soon as possible. Perhaps we should have just left once we saw the man looking at us like that, but I'm not about to let him intimidate me to leave because that's what he wants.

I take the wine from Xiao and coldly place it onto the counter, along with the other two drinks. The man just stares between us, before slowly and cautiously ringing the bottles as if afraid to touch them and contract the gay. Xiao notices this, and the second I see his brows furrow I prepare myself to hold him back.

"You got a problem asshole?!" Xiao snarls.

The man looks at him, then chuckles smugly. "You two queers going to that gay shit around the corner? I mean, of course you are—look at you. Bunch of faggots."

"Fuck you you fucking—!"

"We sure are!" I push Xiao behind me, blinking and giving the man a side smile. "Now are you gonna take my money or continue to stare at me like a piece of meat?"

"Disgusting," he says, finally ringing us as if against his will. "You faggots are so full of your damn selves."

"Say that fucking word one more fucking time and I'll rip your motherfu—" Xiao grabs a bottle opener from the basket as he speaks and motions it toward the cashier, but thankfully I grab his wrist and lower it down, making him drop it back in.

"Babe," I say calmly, "trust, this guy? Not worth your energy." I toss the mora onto the counter like utter filth, grab our drinks, and eye the man up and down as I walk away, but not before blowing him kissy faces at the door and laughing, running out mischievously after.

"Fucking queers!!" I hear him shout from behind. "I'll fucking kill your damn pieces—" The noise is lost with distance, and I lead Xiao far away in a sprint toward the club, laughing the whole way as Xiao curses him beside me.
—————————-
TO BE CONTINUED (it's okay guys I can say it 🏳️‍🌈 Also sorry spooky seasons got me busy)