42

I wake up naked in bed, matching outfits with my adeptus boyfriend, who's leg is draped over my lower stomach and hand on my chest. My eyes dart around, remembering that I had slept at Wangshu Inn last night. Xiao moans, shifting a bit as he feels me move beneath him.

"Good morning," I smile, running a hand over his bare ass and giving it a light smack. His breath hitches, and he opens his eyes, blinking at me. I chuckle, then lean in to kiss him softly.

He stretches a bit, shifting again after until he's directly on top of me, laying between my legs with his head on my chest. I rub his back, looking through the sheer curtains at the bright morning sky. I turn back toward Xiao when I feel a hand playing at my nipple.

"Babe," I say, moving it away.

He looks up at me and frowns. "What?"

"That tickles," I say, watching him slowly move his hand back onto my nipple with a little smirk. I laugh at first, but then it starts feeling a little too good, so I let out a moan. "Baby, was last night not enough?"

He stops, frowning again. "Hmph," he says, then turns his head away, laying it on my chest and pouting. I roll my eyes, but can't help laughing, hands now playing in his hair.

"I'm starting to think you only want me for my body," I say, dramatically looking out the window again.

"There are billions of bodies out there, Aether," he says. "If that was the case, why would I have picked yours?"

I sit up quickly, causing him to fall over. "What's that supposed to mean?!?!"

"No," he says, "I didn't mean it like that— I meant... I just mean that yours is special..."

"Oh my god..." I say, "you hate my body..."

"Aether, no. How could I hate your body if I always want your body?"

"So you admit it..." I say. "You do only like me for my body...."

"Dammit, Aether, no!" Xiao sits up, grabbing my arms, and I just burst out laughing.

"I'm kidding, sorry, sorry," I say. "You're just so cute when you panic."

Xiao groans, grabbing the nearest pillow and chucking it at me as I chuckle, blocking the blows.

My phone vibrates, and it steals both of our attention from our battle. I reach for it and check the screen:

Kaeya: Hey, Aether... I'd like to once again apologize about the other night. I still have some time before I go back to Mondstadt. I was hoping I could use that time to meet with you for a chat, if that's alright?

I feel my body tense up and a lump form in my throat as I read the text. I don't exactly know how I feel about Kaeya anymore. It's not like I fully trusted him before, but now I'm just kind of pissed that he'd kiss my boyfriend, regardless of whether or not Xiao okayed it. I know it's technically not his fault since Kazuha is the one that said the dare, but for Kaeya to actually do it...

Aether: Hey. Sure. Where.

Kaeya: I'm not very familiar with Liyue, perhaps we can meet at the Inn again? Or that restaurant we were going to go to before?

Aether: I'm literally at the Inn now actually. I can meet you after I get dressed. Good?

Kaeya: Sounds great.

I look to Xiao, and I can tell he already knows who that was.

"Kaeya?" he says, and I nod. "He's trying to meet with you to apologize, right?" I nod again. "Are you going to meet with him?"

I shrug. "I mean, I'd hate to just...not, you know? I should hear him out I guess. I don't really want to lose him as a friend."

Xiao gives a look, but nods slowly. "I understand. Where are you meeting him?"

"Here, actually. At the Inn."

"Interesting," Xiao says.

"Are you mad?"

He is quiet for a moment. "No. Do what you need to do."

I lean over to kiss him softly, grabbing a handful of his hair as I pull him in closer. "I'll be quick."
—————————————————————
TO BE CONTINUED