22

At Granny Oni's house:

"Alrighty folks, welcome to your new luxury suite! For the meantime, of course." Itto raises his arms to present to us a small, yet cozy bedroom. In the corner is what must be a full-sized cot, and a wooden nightstand that holds a glass red lamp. The walls are bare minus an oil painting of a maple tree. "Yeeeahh like I said earlier, wasn't expecting anymore uh, guests, so it's a good thing you like each other HAHA."

"Yeah, "I say, "sorry about that. It's perfect though, thanks Itto."

He waves me off. "Nahhh don't even mention it," he says. "Hey, what are friends for, am I right? Anything you guys need, just let me know, alright? I'll be in the room at the end of the hall." He almost exits the door, before turning around and cracking it open again. "Have fun you two," his brows raise with a devious smirk. "But hey, not too much fun." He points between the two of us, before giving a little wink and shutting the door.

I hold back a smile, shaking my head as I turn to Xiao, who I find standing beside me with a face so red it blends into the painting behind him.

"Uh," I say, "you okay there love?"

"I don't like him."

"What?!" I say. "Why not? He's hilarious."

"Hmph." Xiao turns away from me and walks to the bed, immediately crawling in and lifting the covers over his head.

My brows raise and I pause for a second to watch him, before following, crawling in and sitting beside him with a hand on his back.

"Baby," I say, "what's wrong?" He doesn't respond, so I rub his back softly. "Xiao, why are you acting like this?"

"Nothing."

"Xiao."

"I don't like him," he mumbles.

"But why don't you like Itto?" I say. "He's such a nice guy."

"Whatever."

I blink. "Is it because of earlier? Xiao, people make mistakes. He didn't mean to—"

"No," he says. "Not that."

"Then what's wrong, Xiao?! You have to talk to me."

"Dammit," he groans, "you guys were...flirting with each other!"

I sit there, staring at nothing, brows furrowed in confusion. "Huh? What are you even talking about?"

"You were touching him," he says, "and smiling so much, and getting close... It... it made me angry."

I stare at Xiao's back, confused for just another moment, before a small smile creeps across my face. "Baby... You don't have to worry about that. We're just friends, I was just being friendly, that's all. Friends sometimes touch each other and get close too, just in a different way. With him it's very much platonic. I don't love him in the way that I love you. When I touch you..." I climb under the covers and turn him to face me, gliding my hand gently down his cheek. "When I touch you, it means so much more. Understand?"

Xiao searches my eyes, his face flushed in a soft pink. He nods his head slowly. "You like him the way that I like Ganyu."

I blink my eyes. "Well, how do you like Ganyu?"

"She is my friend," he says. "I help her sometimes and she helps me."

I shrug. "Yeah, then I like Itto how you like Ganyu."

"Okay," he says. "I love you, Aether."

"I love you too, Xiao. And don't you forget it." My finger pokes cutely at his nose, and he turns into the pillow to hide a small smile.

I giggle. "You're so cute," I say, then pull in until our lips touch. Our eyes close as our tongues dance that familiar dance. Xiao moans softly against my lips, his hand laying against my waist, making tiny circles. "Are you excited for tomorrow night?" I say softly by his lips.

"Why should I be excited?" he says.

"Because, it's a party!"

"I don't know if you realize this, Traveler, but I don't get the best feelings when it comes to you and parties."

"Ah come on," I say, "this is a new experience with the both of us." I give him more kisses, then move to his neck, earning me a small moan from him. "I want you to try and enjoy yourself. Besides, I'll be there." I look up and wiggle my eyebrows at him, and he rolls his eyes with a small smile.

"Fine," he says. "Only because you're there."
—————————————————————
TO BE CONTINUED