36

"Hey..." I answer my phone hesitantly, looking at Xiao who watches me carefully. "What's up? ... You're what?!"

"Who is that?" Xiao says, staring me down.

I open my mouth, not sure if I want to answer. "Uh... it's Kaeya," I say with a nervous grin.

Xiao's face goes pale. "Put it on speaker," he says, clearly trying his hardest to tame his obvious anger. I swallow hard, then press the speaker button, allowing Kaeya's voice to fill the room.

"Yeah," he says through the phone, "I got here this morning. Actually, that's why I was up so early."

"So you're actually in Liyue.. like right now?" I say, still looking at Xiao, who is pursing his lips pretty hard at me. His face has gone slightly red as he bores into my soul.

"Well, yeah," Kaeya says. "Is there...a problem?"

"What? N-no!" I say. "Actually...that's perfect!" Xiao's brows crease at my words, arms crossing. "I definitely want to meet up later so you can finally meet my boyfriend!"

"Oh?" Kaeya say. "So, does that mean the threesome is on with your freaky little green haired adep—" I cough loudly over Kaeya's words.

"Heyyy you're on speaker by the way," I say.

"Riiiight..." Kaeya pauses, then laughs. "So, no?"

"Kaeya," I mumble, "behave please. Xiao doesn't... appreciate when we talk certain ways but uhh... yeah! Great! I mean, that you're here... What are you doing here anyway?"

"What?" he says. "I can't take a vacation every now and then?"

"Where are you staying?"

"This place called Wangshu Inn," Kaeya says.

"What?" Xiao looks at me.

"No way!" I say. "That's basically where Xiao lives. How long are you staying here?"

"Really?" Kaeya says. "Interesting. I'm actually here on business, so only for three days, but I'm free today. I got here early."

"Awesome," I say. "How's later tonight sound? Say, 5pm? We can take you to this amazing restaurant."

"Well," Kaeya says, "can't argue with that. See you then, Traveler. Looking forward to it."

We hang up, and I slowly turn to Xiao, another nervous smile on my face.

"SoI get no say in this?" he says, arms folded so hard over his chest, the skin beneath it goes pale.

"I want you two to finally meet so you can stop hating him. He's a cool guy, I think you two would get on if you give him a chance."

Xiao takes in a deep breath, letting it out long and slow. "Fine."

"Yay!" I tackle him down to the bed with hugs and kisses that he at first tries to avoid, then eventually gives in and returns the favor. "I appreciate you trying," I say after pulling away a bit. "It means a lot to me."

"Only because you want me to," he mumbles.

——

I don't actually sleep. As tired as I am, instead, we lay under the covers together as I watch some random documentary, since it was the channel that came on when I turned on the telly. Xiao's knocked out beside me, the tiniest snore leaving his slightly-parted lips, and I cuddle up to him, playing in his hair.

"Hey guys." I turn my eyes toward the cracked door to see ginger hair poke it's way between the frame. "Breakfast is ready. Come down and eat."

"Kay." My eyes turn back toward the TV, having moved not an inch. I watch for a few seconds longer, before reaching for the turner and shutting it down. I then turn my attention to my sleeping boyfriend, pressing my face into his and cutely nuzzling his nose. "Baby~" I sing, "wakey wakey, eggs and bacy...maybe."