35

I close my eyes, straddling the adeptus beneath me, as my tongue explores his throat. I feel claws riding my back and moans fill my mouth, as well as something hard starting to poke at my crotch. A hot sensation takes over me, and just as my hand begins to travel it's way downward to play at Xiao's pitched tent, his phone goes off.

We both try to ignore it, attempting to keep the moment alive, but eventually Xiao pulls away and reaches for his phone. I watch a worried look wash over his face as he looks at the screen and immediately answers.

"What is it?" he says quickly, sitting up a bit. "What's happening? Is he okay? What?! Oh, great. Okay.... I will be there." He hangs up and looks up at me, a grin growing over his face. "Zhongli is being discharged."

"Oh my gosh," I say, a hand at my chest. "That's amazing news!" I lean down and kiss him a million times. "That's exciting baby. Right now?"

"Yes. Let's go." He practically pushes me off of him, but it's fine because I get it. I fix myself up a bit and throw on my clothes, as he does the same. Quickly, we run out of the door and make our way to the hospital.

Upon arrival, we practically burst through the doors, where we see Zhongli sat in a wheelchair with tubes of oxygen running through his nose, and Childe stood behind him carrying a few bags.

"Hey comrades," Childe says. "Damn, you two are quick. You caught us just in time, though."

Xiao ignores Childe and races to Zhongli, wrapping him in his arms, as Zhongli does the same with a chuckle.

"See?" He says, "I told you I'd be fine. I just have to take it easy for the next couple of weeks, and be hooked up on this oxygen. Other than that I feel fine."

"I'm glad you're okay," Xiao says, pulling away and looking at him.

"Did you lot wanna swing by the house for a bit?" Childe says. "I could use some help carrying some stuff in. I could make us some breakfast and we could all watch a movie or something? Or whatever you guys want to do really."

"Sounds like a plan," I say, taking one of the larger bags from him, as Xiao reluctantly takes another.

"Sure," Xiao mumbles, then looks back to Zhongli. "If that's what you want, Dad."

"That sounds wonderful," Zhongli says with a smile at Xiao. "Anything if it means spending more time with you."

"Awwww," I say, nudging Xiao a little, which makes him lose balance slightly as he carries the bag to the elevator.

"Shut it." He glares at me, and I wink back, which makes him blush and look away. I can't help but giggle at our exchange, as we all quietly ride down the elevator.

——

I hold the door open for everyone as we make our way inside of their place. Childe parks Zhongli by the couch, to which he stands up and moves onto it with Childe's help.

"You okay?" Childe asks softly, running his fingers gently through the other's hair.

Zhongli nods, waving him off. "Please," he says, "I'm fine, really. You all don't have to take care of me. I'd hate to be a burden. I'll be fine."

"Are you joking?" Childe raises a brow. "You think I'm just going to abandon my boyfriend like that? What kind of person do you think I am, old man? I'm going to be right by your side the whole time, even if it kills me. And you can't stop me."

Zhongli smirks, shaking his head. "You're a tough nut to crack, aren't you?"

"You just figuring this out?" Childe laughs. "How long have we been together? What, starting to lose your memory too old man?" He smiles, leaning down with a hand on Zhongli's cheek until their lips meet.

"Get a room," I call out, then they both look at me.

"Hey you're in our house, buddy!" Childe points, then leans back down to continue their kiss.

I laugh to myself, helping the disgusted Xiao bring the bags into their room.

Once in, I place the bags to the side of the bed, then plop down onto it with a sigh.

"Man," I say. "Good times."

"What?" Xiao says, eyeing me.

"Good times..." I repeat. "You and me...this bed..."

"Aether, shut the hell up."

I burst out laughing, which makes Xiao smile a little, but we both freeze when we hear a loud "hey!" come from the other room.

"You guys better leave our bed alone in there!" Childe shouts from the other room. A hand clasps my mouth, and the two of us stare at each other, before silently dying of laughter, Xiao shushing me whenever I get loud.

"So," I say after my fit.

"So."

"... ready for round two?" I die laughing again, and this time Xiao tackles me onto the bed and clasps my mouth shut for me.

"Stop," he says, trying not to laugh himself. "It's not funny! My dad just got back from the hospital."

"You're right, you're right," I say, calming myself down. "Sorry... what about the kitchen counter instead?! PFFFT!"

"I'm done with you." Xiao gets off of me and starts walking away, before I jump up and grab his arm.

"Nooo!" I say. "Okay, okay, I'm done. See? Done."

"What do you two want for breakfast?" We jump slightly at the sight of Childe suddenly stood in the doorframe.

"Uhhh..."

"Just kidding," he says, "It's a surprise. I just came in to tell you that if you two are still tired, it's fine, you can take a nap in our bed. A nap. That means sleeping only."

"We know what nap means," Xiao barks.

"You sure about that?"

"Thanks Childe," I say, holding a hand out between them. "We'll chill here why you make breakfast."

"Okay then."

Childe leaves the door opened just a crack when he walks out, and immediately after sitting on the bed, my phone starts to ring.
————————————————————
TO BE CONTINUED