37

Xiao and I do the walk of shame down into the living room, where we see two plates of food sat on a coffee table beside the couches. Childe is sat next to Zhongli, both almost finished with their food as they watch a random show on the telly. I watch as Childe's eyes narrow at the sound of our feet pattering away on the wooden floors.

"Nice of you to finally join us," he says.

"What took you two so long?" Zhongli asks, looking between the two of us as he munches on the last bit of eggs on his plate.

Xiao and I share a look. "Uhh," I say, "we were...tired."

Zhongli pauses, eyes shifting from my face to Xiao's as we desperately try not to give ourselves away, sitting down and forking quickly at our cold food. "I see," he says, then puts his plate down onto the coffe table and folds his hands. "I just hope you're being careful."

Xiao, me, and Childe all nearly spat our breakfast, as all three of us stare bug-eyed at the former archon.

"What?" I say.

"What?!" Childe repeats.

Zhongli looks confused. "Did I say something wrong?"

"W-what do you mean being careful dad?" Xiao says quickly.

Zhongli blinks at us. "With having sex." This time Childe actually spits out his drink, searching his boyfriend's eyes frantically. "What? Do you all think I'm daft? I was a god, you know. Xiao, I'm just upset you thought you couldn't tell me. It's natural thing. I'm just happy you found someone as trustworthy as the traveler here to be your partner."

"But, on our...bed...?" Childe looks flabbergasted.

"Why, where else are they going to do such things, Childe?" Zhongli says.

"Uh, on a different bed?!"

"A bed is just a bed," Zhongli says. "Things can be replaced. Xiao, please, don't be afraid to talk to me about these things. I want the best for you, and I trust that the traveler is taking good care of you. For Childe's sake, however, please try and do those things away from our bed. I think he considers it a sacred place for our own fun."

He winks at us, and I can't help but feel nausea and relief wash over me—which I'm sure Xiao feels too. I smile awkwardly, and we both nod, followed by a yes sir.

——

After leaving Zhongli and Childe's residence, Xiao and I part ways for a few hours to take care of our duties. By the time 4pm rolls around, I hit him up:

Aether: Babes, are you done with everything?

Xiao: yeah.

Aether: Are you just over the moon excited to meet Kaeya tonight?

Xiao: no.

Aether: Can you at least try your best to give him a chance for me?

Xiao: I will.

Aether: Thank you, that's all I ask. Should I come to Wangshu? We could probably just meet Kaeya there and we'll all go together

Xiao: that's fine.

Aether: Okay see you in a bit. I love you

Xiao: I love you too. stay safe.
————————————————
TO BE CONTINUED