11

Tuesday at 12:32pm

Aether: Hello Xiao :)

Xiao: hi aether

Aether: I have some news

Xiao: what is it?

Aether: I'm going to be traveling to Mondstadt for a bit to help out a friend of mine

Xiao: for how long

Aether: It'll be a little less than a week

Xiao: ok...

Aether: I'm sorry baby...

Aether: Oh- uh... sorry I didn't mean to call you that...

Aether: Uh, so yeah my friend Kaeya is throwing my other friend Albedo a surprise party. It's for his recent success on an important painting sale he had been working really hard on. So I'm going a little early to help him plan and set up

Xiao: who's this kaeya.

Aether: LOL Xiao, Kaeya and Albedo I'm pretty sure are a thing. He's just a friend I met in Mondstadt

Xiao: mhm.

Aether: I'll be back soon, don't worry. I'll text you the whole time. I'll miss you a lot

Xiao: me too.

Aether: Aww, I'm sorry :'(

Xiao: aether...

Aether: Yes, Xiao? ❤️

Xiao: do you think you can...

Xiao: hm.

Aether: ...Give you a kiss before I go? :')

Xiao: mhm.

Aether: I wouldn't leave without it 😘

—————

Being back in Mondstadt truly is a breath of fresh air. Something about this place brings me peace—and freedom.

I walk through the familiar entrance, waving at the guards who seem to recognize me as well, before making my way to the place I think I missed the most—Good Hunter. Of course, Paimon orders Sticky Honey Roast, and I go for some hash browns.

We're munching away, when I hear a familiar, sultry tone creep up behind me.

"Oh, Traveler," it says, "It's good to see you again."

I turn to find none other than the Calvary Captain himself, staring down at me with a teasing little smirk.

"Kaeya," I say with a smile. "Nice seeing you too. What took you so long?"

He chuckles. "My apologies. Guess I lost track of time. You seem to be doing alright over here, though."

I wipe the crumbs from my mouth and stand up, brushing off my clothes and clearing my throat. "Touché."

He chuckles again. "Alright, come on, let's get moving. We're setting up the party in the tavern. Master Diluc has it closed this morning so we have the place to ourselves to set everything up. That way we won't raise any suspicions while being locked away in a closed tavern."

"Sounds kinda suspicious," I say, following him toward the tavern.

He laughs. "Oh, Traveler," he says, "you haven't changed a bit I see."

——

About an hour into setting up, I find myself balancing on a table to place decorations on the creases of the wall, a nail between my teeth, while Kaeya sits at the bar slurping down a glass of wine he snagged from behind the counter.

"Thanks for the help, by the way," I groan through my clenched teeth.

He turns to look at me, glass in hand. "You're doing great, Traveler," he smiles. "I'm just taking a much needed wine break. I helped... you see all the tables? I did those before you even got here."

"Uh huh."

"So, tell me, Traveler... How are things in Liyue? Any juicy gossip I should know about? Any wild adventures? Secrets? ...Romance?" He puts much emphasis on that last one, and I can feel the look he's giving me, even with my back toward him. My face warms up a bit and I pause. He's totally going to tease me if I tell him about Xiao... But then again, they're in two different regions. What's the worst that could happen? But I mean, this is Kaeya we're talking about.

"Not really," I say, taking the nail from my mouth and placing it against the wall.

"Oh, you're so lying." He stands up, walking toward me, that stupid glass still clinking around in his hand. My face grows even hotter as he leans against the wall next to the table I'm stood on and looks up at me with this piercing, sly eyes. "What's their name?" He smirks.

"I told you," I say, looking away from him, "it's nothing."

"Why are you hiding it from me?" He shifts to the side I turned to. "Have I not gained your trust yet?"

I glare at him. "Considering your history..."

He chuckles. "Never mind that, just spill the name. I thought we were friends here..."

"Xiao," I mumble, and his brows raise.

"Oh?" he teases. "That green-haired adeptus?"

My eyes widen, body whipping so fast toward him I nearly fall off the table. "Wh-how do you know him?!"

He just smirks at me. "I've heard of him before, that's all. So...and adeptus eh? Well, aren't you freaky. Xiao—he seems...hard to handle. You sure you can take all that? You know, adeptus are pretty wild in bed."

"I dont know where you're getting this information, but this conversation is officially over."

"Have you guys kissed yet?" Kaeya's brows raise at me again, giving me the look.

"Have you and Albedo kissed yet?" I bark back, and I jump a little at the sudden outburst of laughter.

"Oh, Traveler," he says. "Traveler...Traveler. So precious."

"Oh Lord. I don't wanna know."

He winks at me, then finally puts his glass down, walking toward the box of decorations. I watch him, shaking my head, but can't help a little smile that creeps at the corners of my lips.

"Kaeya, Kaeya," I say, finally placing the decoration I'd be holding there for a while.

He turns to me and gives his usual seductive smirk. "Traveler, Traveler," he says back with a flirty tease.

"You really are something else."

He chuckles softly. "Mm. Better than being like everything else I guess."

——————————————————
TO BE CONTINUED