8

Monday 12:15am

Xiao: are you awake aether?

Aether: Shhh I'm sleeping

Xiao: how are you feeling? Are you any better?

Aether: Lol I'm fine Xiao. I'm literally a famous adventurer for a reason. Don't worry so much

Xiao: ok good.

Aether: :)

12:45am

Xiao: aether, I need to talk to you about what happened tonight.

Aether: ...It's about the hand kiss, isn't it? I knew this was coming. Sorry about that. I was just excited to see you again, that's all...

Xiao: it's not because I am upset with you, it's for another reason...

Aether: Oh?

Xiao: aether, I think you may have done something to me. I feel very strange.

Aether: I-

Xiao: aether, I'm serious. This isn't good.

Aether: Xiao... whatever you're feeling right now... trust me, you're not alone... And there's nothing wrong with it. It's normal.

Xiao: this is not normal for me.

Aether: Can you tell me what you're feeling?

Xiao: I don't know...how to describe it.

Aether: Mm. Is it tingly? Does it make you feel...desperate?

Xiao: actually, yes. How do you know this?

Aether: Because like I said, it's normal. Is there anything I can do to help ease this feeling you're having, Xiao?

Xiao: no. You caused this.

Aether: How so?

Xiao: idk. After you kissed my hand, I needed to get out of there because I started feeling the weird feeling.

Aether: Tell me more about this weird feeling and how I caused it, Xiao...

Xiao: I cannot.

Aether: Aw, why not? What if I told you I also feel this weird feeling right now

Xiao: you do?

Aether: Mhm...

Xiao: you don't even know what I'm feeling, so how could you be feeling it too?

Aether: I have an idea. Tell me if I'm wrong, but does this feeling exist mainly in your pants and make you feel kinda lightheaded?

Aether: Because, that's what I'm feeling right now, too.

Xiao: ...

Aether: Hmm. That's not a no...

Xiao: I can't have this conversation anymore.

Aether: Aw, why not, Xiao?

Xiao: talking about it is making it worse.

Aether: Worse...or better?

Xiao: worse. Much, much worse.

Aether: I know how to make it all better...

Xiao: fuck.

Aether: What's wrong, Xiao?

Aether: ...Xiao?

Xiao: nothing...

Aether: Do you want me to stop talking about it?

Xiao: not talking about it will make it go away.

Aether: That doesn't really answer my question. Do you want me to stop?

Xiao: ...

Aether: ?

Xiao: idk...

Aether: Are you at Wangshu rn?

Xiao: yes.

Xiao: I missed you too aether, by the way.

Aether: Aw :')

Xiao: why do you want to know my whereabouts?

Aether: Can I pick you up and take you on a night stroll or something? Maybe clear your head a little?

Xiao: shouldn't you be sleeping?

Aether: I'm not a child, Xiao. I don't have a curfew.

Xiao: is it really wise for us to meet right now, at this hour where we both seem to be having these weird feelings?

Aether: I just want to clear your head, Xiao, and mine too. Plus, there's something I want to say to you that I was going to wait a while to say, but... I think after tonight, I have a pretty good feeling on where we both stand. So, I don't want to hold it in any longer. I just hope you'll be understanding

Xiao: okay aether, if you really need to see me tonight, you know I will always be there for you. Just meet me on Mt. Hulao again, though. I'm on my way.

Aether. See you soon

———————————————————
TO BE CONTINUED