6

Thursday 4:22pm

Aether: Xiao...

5:02pm

Aether: Xiao please answer me! You have nothing to be embarrassed about

Xiao: you shouldn't have been so close to me for that damn long traveler.

Aether: I was just trying to help you

Xiao: I don't need your help.

Aether: You texted me saying that you needed me. What was I supposed to do? Ignore it?

Xiao: exactly.

Aether: Why should I ignore you in your time of need? You're always there for me when I need your help. Am I not allowed to return the favor sometimes?

Xiao: I can't have you putting yourself in potential danger because of your involvement with me.

Aether: Potential danger? You were drunk. You know who I am, right? I think I can handle a drunk person

Xiao: it isn't like that aether. I am just not someone you should get too...close to. For your own good, just stay away from me, got it?

Aether: No, I don't care! I'm not going to let you speak your "it's not you, it's me" crap. Everyone needs someone to be there for them, and you're not about to push me away because you think it'll benefit me or whatever. I don't care what you say, I'll never leave you alone. Even if it kills me one day for whatever reason.

Xiao: aether...

Aether: What.

Xiao: why?

Aether: ...Because

Xiao: that does not answer my question.

Aether: It's complicated, Xiao. I mean, it's really not. But with you, it's very complicated.

Xiao: what is complicated with me?

Aether: Nothing, Xiao. Forget it. I'm...gonna go see if anyone needs help at the Adventures Guild now. I'll talk to you whenever.

Aether: Oh, and some advice for interacting with humans: understand how much it hurts when a person you care a lot about tells you to stay away from them. Not cool. But if that's really what you want, I'll give you some space for a while.

Xiao: aether... I'm only trying to protect you.

Aether: Bye.

Xiao: aether

——————————————————
TO BE CONTINUED