Chapter Nine

A/N Is the book photo too crass? If anyone wants to make one and send it to me I would love to look at it and consider making it my cover :) thank you.

I open my eyes and blink as I try to focus on my alarm clock which is blaring loudly. I press the snooze button and try to roll over but a pressure on my waist stops me. What the hell? I look down to see an arm around me. My eyes widen. As I open my mouth to scream, a hand covers it.

"Shhh. It's just me." A husky voice says. I look in the corner of my eye to see Cam laying next to me, his arm still wrapped around my waist. I freeze. What-? Oh! I remember now. He came over yesterday when I felt sick. He stayed with me all day and all night. My parents came home and I pretended to be asleep when my mom knocked on my door, not wanting them to see Cam. We were watching a movie when I must have fallen asleep. I relax. I close my eyes for a moment and smile. It's an amazing feeling having Cam's arm wrapped around me feeling his heat all over my body. I blush deeply at my one thoughts. My alarm goes off again. Cam groans and removes his arm from my waist. I frown slightly, missing the warmth and the comfort. I feel movement and open my eyes. I gasp when I see Cam's broad chest hovering over me. He reaches over and turns off my alarm. I feel my pulse quicken at how close he is to me. Cam moves from the edge of my bed and looks down at me. He smiles a soft tired smile. He reaches forward and softly brushes my hair out of my face.

"Are you feeling better?" Cam asks. I smile and nod.

"Much." I say. He smiles and moves to the other side of my bed.

"That's great." He says. I turn on my side and look at him. I smile.

"Thank you for taking care of me." I say. He laughs.

"It was no problem. Really. It was actually fun to spend the whole day together. Even if I had to hold your hair for most of it." He says, laughing. I scrunch my face together into a disgusted expression.

"Don't remind me. I'm sorry you had to see that." I say. He shakes his head.

"I'm not. I'm happy you let me in. That you let me see your vulnerable and weak moment and now I have seen you almost completely." He says, a serious and thoughtful expression on his face. I blush and look away from him.

"So what do you think? What do you think of me now that you've seen all I have to offer?" I ask. I can't believe I just asked him that. What am I doing?! I feel Cam grab my hand and intertwine our fingers. I look over at him. He looks into my eyes and smiles.

"Truthfully, I think I like you even more now." He says calmly. I freeze. What did he just say? Like me? Like, like me? No. There's no way that's what he could have meant. Right? Someone knocks on my bedroom door. My eyes widen as I scramble out of my bed. I open the door only a few inches, not wanting my parents to see their is a teenage boy in my bed. I smile as I see my dad behind the door, all dressed and ready for work. He smiles back at me.

"Are you feeling better sweetheart?" Dad asks. I nod and smile.

"I'm feeling a lot better. I think I can make it to school today." I say. He smiles.

"That's good. Okay. Your mom and I are going to work. Have a good day." Dad says. I smile.

"Thanks. You too." I say. I close the door once he walks away and release the breath I was holding in. Cam opens his mouth to take but I hold up my finger. I hear the front door close.

"Okay. Get out." I say. Cam raises his eyebrow at me.

"What?" He asks. I smile.

"I have to get dressed for school. I'm sure you want to go home before school so you can change." I say. He nods and stands up.