Chapter Thirty Four

A/N Sorry for the long delay. I was dealing with a loss in the family and major writers block. Thanks for understanding.

Cam took me home that night and hasn't left my side since. My parents weren't home and I didn't want to be alone and he didn't want to leave me alone.

I laid in his arms and tried not to think about what happened. Cam put on a movie and held me tight, his silence and his hold comforting me.

Around lunch time everyone came over, Kylie, Jake, Spencer, even Trevor, who is slowly becoming part of our group. They brought pizza and ice cream. I was grateful for the distraction and the company.

"Blake, can I talk to you?" Trevor says, standing up and heading outside. I wonder what he wants to talk to him about.

Cam's POV

I follow Trevor out of Hailee's house, wondering what he wants to talk to me about in private. He closes the front door and turns to me, a serious look on his face. He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a piece of paper, opening it.

It's a picture of someone that I thought I would never see again. My hands clench into fists.

"Where did you get this?" I ask, my tone chipped in anger. Trevor's eyebrows raise in confusion.

"You know this guy? How?" Trevor asks, taking a step closer to me, his expression turning hard. I keep quiet, my mind filled with many different thoughts. Where did he get this photo? How does he know about him?

"I got this photo from my security cameras, from Hailee's description, this is the guy that attacked her." He says. My eyes widen, anger coursing through me as I start to shake.

"What?!" I yell out. This can't be happening. This can't be happening. I take the picture from him, staring at it, wishing my eyes were deceiving me.

His black hair, the tattoo on his neck, it's all the same. It's him. It's Maddox, Maddox Matthews.

"Who is he?" Trevor asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. I grit my teeth angrily and crumble the picture in my hand.

"His name is Maddox. When I was younger I went through a rebellious phase, I started to skip school, hang out with some dangerous guys, one of them was Maddox.

I thought he was cool, someone that didn't live by any rules and didn't need anyone other than himself. I started to drink to forget, the pain, my mothers death, my father's abandonment, everything.

One day he told me we were going to do something fun. It wasn't until he broke a car window that I realized what he meant.  He wanted to steal a car.  I refused to get in and while he tried to get me in, a cop spotted us.  I ran away while he was distracted and later I heard he got caught and spent a year in prison." I say, explaining the embarrassing and idiotic part of my past. Trevor runs his hand through his hair angrily.

"And now he's found you and my sister. What does he want with her?" He asks, his voice very hostile. The very thought of what he wants from her terrifies me.

"Revenge."

Hailee's POV

They've been out there for a while. What could they be talking about?  Just after I finished that thought they walk through the front door, Trevor's expression one of annoyance and Cam's one of worry.  Cam sits next to me, his hand immediately grabbing mine.

"Is everything okay?"  I ask.  He looks down at me, forcing a smile as he nods.  He leans down and kisses my cheek.  He moves his eyes to the movie while mine stay on him.  Something's definitely wrong.  I'll ask him about it later, when we are alone.  I lay my head down on his shoulder and we all finish the movie in comfortable silence.