Chapter Thirty One

It took a long time for me to convince Cam that I would be okay hanging out with Trevor alone. He is worried Trevor will say or do something to hurt me. I finally managed to convince him and now I am sitting in a diner with him.

So far it's been nothing but awkward silence after we ordered. I was still full from lunch so I only ordered a milkshake. How weird is this. I am sitting across the table from a guy who used to bully me and who I recently found out is my brother.

"I'm sorry." I blurt out. Trevor's eyes snap to mine as he looks at me in surprise. I couldn't stand the silence and there is something that I have been wanting to say to him.

"I don't know how you grew up, I don't know if I received more in life than you but if I did I am sorry. If I had known about you, I would have wanted to know you. I-"

"Stop. I don't want to hear you blaming yourself. I did horrible things to you for a long time. I blamed you because you grew up with loving parents, I felt as if you were the reason I grew up without a dad. It's not your fault that he chose you and I should have realized that. I am so sorry for everything that I have done to you, nothing I can do will ever make up for what I have done but I'm going to try. I'm going to be the best big brother that you could have ever asked for. I won't let anyone hurt you ever again."

My eyes widen in surprise. Of all the things I expected to hear when meeting with Trevor, this wasn't one of them. It makes me wonder how he grew up but I don't want to push him into telling me.

"You want to act like my big brother?" I ask, still not believing he actually said those words. Trevor looks up from his milkshake, the corner of his mouth turning upwards.

"I am your big brother." I roll my eyes at him.

"You're older than me by what? Two months?" I ask, laughing. Trevor squints his eyes at me in a playful glare.

"That still makes me older than you, hence me being your big brother." I smile. I'm happy that he is taking a step towards accepting where he comes from. All that's left is for him and our dad to figure things out. I hope that can happen, for both their sake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cam wraps his arm around my waist as he pulls me closer to him. We are laying on my bed, relaxing after he picked me up from the diner. Cam runs his hand up and down my arm.

"How did it go with Trevor?" Cam asks. I snuggle closer to him, closing my eyes.

"He said that he was sorry for everything he did and he wants to start behaving like a real brother towards me." Cam's hand freezes.

"Really?" He asks, his voice sounding surprised.

"I know. I was just as surprised as you. Who would have thought that Trevor Williams would want to be a real brother to me?" I say, chuckling to myself. Cam's phone starts to ring, making me jump in surprise.

Cam reaches over to grab his phone on the nightstand. I gulp nervously as his body hovers over mine, his chest only inches from mine. Cam grabs his phone and moves back onto his side of the bed.

I sigh in relief as I try to catch my breath. Cam is so unbelievably attractive and he is the sweetest guy I have ever met. He is the complete package and I love him so much.

I'm so nervous when we are alone but Cam is always a complete gentleman to me.

"Hello." Cam says into his phone, his defined jaw drawing my attention. Geez, get a hold of yourself Hailee. I watch as Cam's face brightens at whatever the caller is saying on the other line.