Chapter Thirty Two

Cam's POV

I'm going to get punched. Trevor's face was completely void of any emotions. I'm glad Hailee went inside, I don't want her to be in the middle of this, I don't want her to feel like she has to pick a side either.

"I know you're mad but if you're going to punch me just do it in a place where Hailee can't see it, I don't want her to worry." I didn't want to fight him but I deserve one punch for what I did. I shouldn't have tricked him but I just couldn't say no to Mr. Cast.

Trevor takes several steps closer to me until he is standing right in front of me. His hands are clenched into fists yet his expression is still neutral. I stand my ground, not wanting to back off.

"That was a bad thing you did Blake." Trevor says angrily. I open my mouth to respond, only to be cut off by Trevor punching me in the jaw. I stumble backing, groaning in pain.

"You and I both know you deserved that." Trevor says, the anger on his face, replaced by a cocky smile. Uh, what? What is going on? I definitely thought this was going in an entire different direction.

"I'm not going to say thank you but-"

"Stop it!" Hailee's voice yells, interrupting Trevor. I turn around to see her rushing towards us. She must have told my grandma that she was coming to get me. Once she reaches us, she gasps, her hand reaching out to my red jaw. I quickly grab her hand, stopping her.

"It's okay Cupcake, I deserved it." She sighs and turns to Trevor, the cocky smile wiped off his face.

"I know what he did was wrong but you didn't have to hit him." She says, her arms crossed, with a scowl on her face. Trevor smile sheepishly.

"Don't you want to hear how it went?" Trevor says, changing the subject. Hailee's scowl disappears as she uncrosses her arms.

"How did it go?" She asks hesitantly. Looking worried that it may have went bad between them. Trevor smiles slightly, shrugging his shoulders.

"It went alright. I don't think I'll forgive him anytime soon but I feel like a weight has been taken off my shoulders. I know what he's like, I know why he left, all the questions I had growing up have been answered." Trevor says, a peaceful look on his face, as if life just got a little easier for him. Hailee smiles widely, clearly happy at the progress.

"I'm glad you got to talk to him, even if it's just for closure." Hailee says. Trevor opens his mouth to reply when a voice beats him to it.

"Dinner is ready! You can bring your friend, there's enough food for everyone." Grandma shouts from the porch. I look over at Trevor, whose already walking towards my house, looking excited. I grab Hailee's hand and we all walk together to have a home cooked meal with my family. Something I never believed would happen a few months ago.

~~~~~~~~

Hailee's POV

It's now Monday evening, both Cam and I are at our jobs and he promised he would pick me up after my shift, luckily we get off around the same time. After work Cam's family and mine are having dinner together and I'm beyond nervous. I try to focus on my work, not wanting to continue being nervous.

I'm currently restocking shelves, when someone bumps into me, causing me to drop the few cans I was putting on the shelf. I stumble back, losing my balance. A hand reaches out and grabs my wrist, helping me regain my balance.

I look up to see a guy around my age with short black hair, piercing dark brown eyes, handsome features, and a tattoo on his neck. Once I've regained my balance, he let's go of my wrist, smiling sheepishly at me.