Chapter Twenty Six

A/N I am trying something new with the ongoing sentences, I'm trying to put a space between the sentences, tell me if it is better please!

In front of me was a tray of a dozen handmade cupcakes, which normally I would love, except the hands that held them happened to be attached to Cam. I go to shut the door only for him to shove his foot in the way to stop me.

"Please, Cupcake, I am begging you. Hear me out." Cam pleads, begging me. Tears form in my eyes.

"Cam please, I'm so exhausted, so much has been happening, I have a brother, my parents have been lying to me my entire life, my dad abandoned his child, and now after everything...after everything I find my boyfriend kissing the new girl in the bathroom.  I'm so tired."  I say, wiping away the few lone tears that ran down my face.

I am so frustrated, so sad, so angry, so exhausted, all I want is to get away.  Go where no one knows me and relax.  However I know running away isn't the answer to my problems.  I stare down at my bare feet, avoiding eye contact, praying that he would just leave me alone.  The twisted part is that deep inside my heart I want to forgive him, I want to fight for our relationship but that can never happen.

Cheating is something unforgivable.  If I took him back, what's to stop him from doing it again and again and again, knowing that I will forgive him after a few kind words and a tray of cupcakes.  I dare to look up from my feet and meet his green eyes which held extreme sadness. I am surprised when he pushes past me, setting down the cupcakes on my kitchen table and wrapping his arms around me. I stand frozen in his arms.

His warmth and scent so familiar that I melt into his arms without thinking, wrapping my arms around his waist and taking a deep breath. It has only been a day but it feels like forever since I have been in his arms. My eyes snap open. What am I doing?! He cheated on me, he broke my heart and I am just sitting here letting him hold me as if nothing happened. I place my hands on his firm chest and push him away. At first he doesn't budge but I do it again and he moves away.

"Cupcake, I didn't cheat on you. I would never hurt you like that. I am so in love with you that I haven't looked at another girl, not just because we are together, not just because I would never cheat but because you are so beautiful, so kind, so sweet that no one can ever compare. I love you, I am in love with you, I would never screw up what we have for someone who isn't half as perfect as you are." Cam says, placing his hand on my cheek.

I subconsciously lean into his hand, closing my eyes. I want to listen to what he had to say, I wanted to believe him. I keep quiet, unsure of what to do. My heart aches as his thumb brushes against my face.

"I was walking through the hall, looking for you. Before I knew what was happening, I was pulled into the girls bathroom by the girl, Aimee. She has been very friendly with me lately, I didn't want to say anything because I thought I was imagining it and she knew I had a girlfriend so I let it be, chalked it up to my imagination. She pulled me towards her and kissed me forcefully. I started pushing her away when you came inside the bathroom. I swear that I didn't kiss her. You have to believe me, I would never ever cheat on you. I love you Hailee, you are everything to me, please believe me."

Should I believe him? I know the person he is, he is kind, he works his ass off to pay for his grandma's hospital bills, he takes care of his little brother, goes to school, and still has time to spend time with me. The man I love is selfless, caring, loving, and he makes me feel special and appreciated. Would that person cheat on me?

"I believe you." I say. That means that I judged him based on my own misconceptions and I didn't trust him, I didn't trust him.

"What kind of girlfriend am I?" I voice out loud. I step away from Cam and walk over to my couch, sitting down. I place my head in my hands.