Chapter Thirteen

A/N Sorry about the confusion! I accidentally updated this before it was done so I unpublished it. I'm very sorry! Thank you for reading.
I walk through the doors and enter my school.  I instantly go my route to my locker, trying not to bump into anyone.  I open my locker and grab my binder for first period. 
"Hey Hails."  A deep voice says.  I turn around to see Spencer, I smile at him.
"Hi!"  I say, excitedly.  I haven't spent a lot of time with Spence recently. 
"Hey we should have a day where just you and I hang out."  I say.  He smiles widely.
"Okay, sounds fun."  Spencer says.  I smile, closing my locker.  I turn to Spence, remembering I had to tell him about me going to the dance with Cam.
"By the way you don't have to worry about taking me to the dance, Cam and I are going together.  So you can ask a girl you would actually want to go with and enjoy yourself, you don't have to worry about entertaining me."  I say.  I look over to see Spencer frowning slightly.
"I wanted to go with you.  It wasn't out of obligation."  He says, staring into my eyes.  I stare at him, surprised.  We stayed like that until someone taps me on my shoulder.  I turn around to see Cam dressed in his dark wash jeans, fitted white shirt and a hoddie, his hair messing but in the way that was unbelievably attractive to me.  I gasp as I see him carrying a dozen red roses.  He smiles at me.
"These are for you Cupcake."  Cam says, handing me them.  I smile widely, inhaling there amazing fragrance.  I throw my arm, the one without the flowers in it, around his neck, hugging him tightly.
"They are so beautiful!  Thank you."  I exclaim, kissing his cheek.  He wraps his arms around my waist.
"Not as beautiful as my cupcake."  He whispers in my ear.  I shiver and smile widely.  I have to keep telling myself that this is real, not a dream, sometimes it feels like it is.  Cam is the sweetest guy ever.  I can't believe how much he has changed in my eyes since we first met.  He has changed my view of myself too.  I pull away, peck him on the lips, not wanting to deeply kiss him in front of Spencer.  I turn around to show Spence my flowers and I see that he is gone.  I look around for him.
"Where's Spence?"  I ask.  Cam frowns.
"He walked away, probably wanted to give us our privacy."  He says.  I didn't mean to make Spence leave.  I feel bad.  I frown at the empty spot where Spencer used to be.  I hug Cam again, smiling.
"Thank you for the flowers Cammy."  I say.  He playfully scowls.  He doesn't like me calling him that but I love it.  Cam grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers.  I look at the flowers in my free hand and smile.  I don't want to put them in my locker so I'l carry them to my classes and put them in a vase when I get home.  We walk hand-in-hand into our first period class.  Cam kisses me on my cheek and I blush.  I slap his arm softly. 
"Not in class."  I whisper.  He smiles cheekily at me.  We move towards our desk.  I freeze when I see who is sitting in my desk.  I freeze and tense up.  What does Jerk Face doing?!  I turn to Cam.
"Let's sit somewhere else."  I say softly.  Cam looks confused then turns to look at our desks.  His gaze hardens and his hand tightens around mine.
"Get out of her seat."  Cam says, angrily.  Jerk Face looks up and smirks at Cam, his gaze turns to me, then moves to my flowers.  His smirk widens as he turns his gaze back to Cam.
"Nice game the other night, Blake.  We might make a football player out of you yet."  Jerk Face says. 
"Move!"  Cam yells.  Brad stand up and moves in front of us.  He smiles down evilly at me.  A shiver of fear runs down my spine.  My hand grips Cam's tighter.  Jerk face reaches out and grabs a lock of my hair.  I gasp.  He twirls it around his finger and leans towards me.  My eyes widen.
"What the hell are you doing?!  Get away from my girl!"  Cam yells.  He grabs Jerk Faces arm, yanking him away from me.  Jerk Face pulls his arm out of Cam's hold and leans towards me.
"Watch out princess, your boyfriend isn't all that he seems."  He whispers and pushes past me, making me stumble.  What the hell?!  What just happened?! 

--------------------------

"That bastard...hand...my girl....dare....he."  Cam mumbles, angrily under his breath, fists clenched.  Kylie looks over at me, her eyebrow raised.  I sigh.  I cover his fist with my hand.  I slowly open up his hand and intertwine our fingers together.
"It's okay Cam.  He was just trying to make you angry.  Just forget about it."  I say.  Cam looks over at me.
"Forget about it?  Forget about it?!  That psychopath put his filthy hands on you."  He growls.  I sigh and lay my head on his shoulder. 
"It's okay."  I whisper, trying to convince him as well as myself.  Your boyfriend isn't all that he seems.  Not all that he seems.  Jerk Faces words keep repeating over and over in my head.  What could that mean?  Was he just playing with my mind?  Or was there some meaning behind his words?  My stomach dropped when he said those words.  Is there something that Cam isn't telling me? 
"I can't believe after all this time Brad is still messing with you."  Kylie says, shaking her head angrily.  I sigh.
"I know.  I have no idea why either.  I've never done anything to him."  I say. 
"How long has this been going on?"  Cam asks, his hand tightening around mine.
"Since freshman year.  He was actually my partner for freshman orientation."  I say.  My mind travels back to the day I met Brad.