•THREE•

a week passed after I visited my parents' grave at Incheon with Eden

we don't really get along with our other relatives, they consider both me and Eden a failure. why? because my father was a successful businessman while we can hardly run an unknown boutique, according to them.

if only they knew.

when we returned, we were first greeted with Wooyoung going 'HONGJOONGIE HYUNG IS GONNA DIEEEEEEEE' so we both ran to the infirmary to see Hongjoong wrapped in bandages (almost like a mummy), courtesy of Rihyun.

"what happened?" Eden asked sternly, crossing his arms.

"some intruders crashed the boutique and were about to enter headquarters but Hongjoong stepped out to see what was going on, only to be shot in 5 areas." Rihyun explained gloomily, looking down.

"5 areas?!" I exclaimed.

"no vital areas, though?" Eden asked, a hint of worry lacing his voice.

Rihyun shook her head, "2 on his shoulders, 1 on each leg and 1 near his abdomen, the last one would've been vital, though."

"then what happened?" I asked.

"Jongho and San took care of them, they couldn't kill them because the fight took place at the boutique." Yunho said as he entered the room, "Yeosang and Mingi cleared all the footage."

"and I'm guessing the boutique obviously needed renovations?" Eden turned to Yunho.

the latter nodded, "yes, I talked to Wooyoung about the ruined fabrics. he said they'll arrive within 2 days. as for the boutique itself, we hired a few handymen to fix it. thankfully, they didn't ask for much money."

Eden nodded, "alright good job," he turned to Hongjoong, "rest well, you did your best." he smiled.

Hongjoong managed a weak smile, "thanks boss."

he fell asleep soon after Eden and Yunho left the room.

I glanced at Rihyun, who seemed to look as if she hadn't slept for days. I went up to her and tapped her shoulder gently. she looked at me with tired eyes.

"you look like you went through a zombie apocalypse." I chuckled, trying to lift her mood.

"I feel like I did," she smiled softly, "I thought I'd lose him." she whispered so quietly, I almost didn't hear.