•SEVENTEEN•

a flash of bright light woke me up from my sleep

"ugh Naeun 5 more minutes, tell Eden I don't wanna go on a mission..." I whined, covering my face with my blanket.

"Eden isn't going to give you a mission, but he needs to talk to you so get up, Eun Yuri." the voice of my uncle said strictly.

huh?

I slowly moved the blanket from my face, the first thing I see being the stern face of Eden, with his arms crossed and looking at me as if he's going to demote me any moment.

wait-

I immediately sat up and saluted him, hand hitting my head a bit too hard, "I'm up! please don't demote me!"

he managed a smile, "I'm not demoting you, Yuri. I just want to know why on Earth would you and San want to go out to the seaside at 4am alone." he emphasised the last word.

"we couldn't sleep. San said he often goes there to relax. so I thought we could go." I shrugged.

Eden squinted his eyes once I said my co-worker's name, "San?"

"yeah him."

he blinked a few times before nodding, "I see. well, I get that both of you have insomnia of some sort but please try to stay at HQ if you can't sleep. what if one of you ended up sleeping while driving the motorcycle?" he said in a stern voice again.

"yeah, I understand. I'm sorry." I lowered my head.

he approached me and gently patted my head, "it's alright. do you want to have brunch?"

I looked at him confusedly, "brunch? what time is it?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"1:06 pm." he answered as I looked at the digital clock.

"damn," I yawned, stretching my arms, "I slept for 8 whole hours, that's a surprise."

Eden smiled, "there's kimchi in the fridge, you could eat that if you want."

I nodded, "yeah, thanks."