•SEVEN•

a few weeks passed and it was summer, the second week of July to be exact

the sun was just setting. I walked to the living room to see Wooyoung, Seonghwa, Mingi and Jongho sitting on the couches, the former two looking slightly sad and confused. I waved at them, "hey guys, why do you look a little gloomy?" I tilted my head to the side.

Seonghwa turned to me, "it's Sannie's birthday."

it is?

I furrowed my brows in confusion, "that's why you're gloomy?"

"no Yuri, Sannie is always a bit heavy-hearted on his birthday. and we can't really do anything about it, he just won't listen to us, and refuses to leave his room." Seonghwa replied.

"but the day's almost over?" I furrowed my brows.

Wooyoung nodded his head, "we tried everything, talking to him, giving him cake and gifts but he just doesn't want to celebrate it properly." he said glumly, unlike his usual cheerful self.

"do you know why?" I asked.

Seonghwa and Wooyoung looked at each other before turning to me and slowly nodded

"I'm going to his room," I said as I turned on my heel, "let's just hope he doesn't kill me." I added a little chuckle to lighten up their mood.

Seonghwa slightly smiled and nodded, "good luck I guess."

"thanks, I'll be needing it." I smiled.

I slowly walked to Choi's room. I wondered why he doesn't want to celebrate his special day. but more than that, I wondered why was I so determined to drag him out of his room and make him have an amazing day.

I stopped in front of his door. I knocked once. no response. "Choi, it's me." I said in a small voice, hoping he'd hear me.

still no response. I took a deep breath and held the doorknob, slowly and carefully turning it before pushing the door open and slightly sticking my head in.

he was sitting on his bed, next to his window. the room was all dark and gloomy, with hardly any light entering except for the light that's coming out from the window, falling on his face and gracing his features.