•II•

"sir I didn't do anything-"

"silence, Miss Eun. I clearly saw with my own eyes that you were about to hit Mr Choi with your fist. explain yourself." the teacher cut the girl off sternly.

"sir, he was pissing me off and-"

"then does that give you the right to hit him? he's the top student of your class!" the teacher cut Yuri off again.

"what does that have to do with anything..." Yuri muttered under her breath.

meanwhile, the other students were whispering things to each other about the confrontation. and the student which Yuri almost landed a punch on, Choi San, stood behind the teacher with his arms crossed.

you see, Choi San was the top student of their class, like the teacher mentioned, while Yuri always came in second. Yuri had always worked hard to come on top of the class but San somehow always managed to never drop from first place. this caused a mutual rivalry between the two, mostly from Yuri's part since she couldn't stand the boy.

what made matters worse was that their fathers were the best of friends. because of this, they were forced to meet quite often and had to act as if they were good friends for the sake of their fathers.

however, that didn't stop the two from bickering and arguing like little children. which caused the current situation to occur. San was teasing Yuri about her grades once again (which was nothing new and the girl only got 0.5 marks less than him) and as much as Yuri knew that he was right, she couldn't help but want to punch him to shut him up.

and just as she lifted her fist, the teacher happened to walk in. almost all the teachers of their school were overly fond of San, mainly because of his good grades, kind manners and how he helped the school a lot. Yuri was exactly the same, although she couldn't understand why she doesn't get the same treatment.

"and so you'll be receiving detention after school, Miss Eun." the teacher finally ended his lecture to which none of the students listened, especially Yuri who was actually supposed to listen, before turning on his heel and walking to his desk. San smirked while Yuri was cursing him in her mind.

"I'll seriously kill him one day..." the girl muttered, walking back to her seat.

they continued their classes as usual except that the other students were excited for them to be over while Yuri wasn't. this was probably the 15th time she had to go to detention because of the dimpled boy. she also cursed the teachers in her mind for being so biased.