•SIXTEEN•

San's POV

San's POV

the next morning, I woke up clearheaded. that was probably the best sleep I had in weeks...

I was about to get up but felt something around my torso. I glanced down and saw a pair of arms.

Yuri.

I craned my neck to get a glimpse of her and felt the corners of my lips curl into a smile once I saw her sleeping face. over the missions I had with her, I noticed she has a habit of unknowingly becoming clingy when she's sleepy, it's cute though.

wait, I thought I found that annoying--

I turned my neck back to the front and looked down at her arms again. I gently peeled them off my waist, careful not to be too rough or else I'd wake her up.

I sat up, stretching my arms and as I was about to get off the bed, I noticed her legs were tangled with mine. I let out a little chuckle, covering my mouth.

while I was carefully moving her legs, I failed to notice that she delicately held onto my hand. I smiled warmly at her, "Yuri, I have to go back to my room now."

"why?" she whimpered as she snuggled closer to me.

my heart felt warm at her adorableness, "it's because I have to train Saeyoon. Eden told me to help her learn a bit more about taekwondo so that she can at least defend herself in case there's an emergency."

as soon as I mentioned my ex co-worker's name, she let go of my hand and turned her back to me.

"go." was all she said, shuffling away from me. there was a hint of sadness in her voice.

I felt like I did something wrong so I moved closer to her, stroking her hair before tucking a strand behind her ear, "I'm sorry, I'll get going now. I'll see you later." I said softly, trying to take a look at her face.

she kept quiet, face hidden by the pillows and blankets. I sighed and got up before dragging my feet to her door. I turned around, looking at her sleeping figure one more time before exiting her room to go to my own.

but once I entered, I was surprised to see Saeyoon sitting on my bed, looking sleepy. oh yeah, she came to my room last night. that's why I went to Yuri's room.

she turned her head to look at me and immediately got off the bed and stood up, her eyes slightly widening, "oh Sannie, where were you? I was so worried when I didn't see you the moment I woke up! are you okay?" she said, staggering towards me before holding my shoulders.