Chapter 27

Clear

Ito na ang pangalawang linggo ko na pinangako ni Jared sa akin. I already packed my things and am ready to go back to Isabela. I'm going to miss this place. Today is Saturday and Jared told me that I can leave na.

I spend my time roaming around at the malls to buy pasalubong for Ivan. I also bought clothes and designer bags. I asked Cheryl to go out since this is my last day being here in Manila.

I wanted to see Iñigo for the last time to bid a goodbye but I don't know where to find him. I don't even know his cellphone number! Sinabihan ko na rin ang nagpapadala ng gifts sa akin na aalis na ako dahil baka magpadala siya wala na pala ako doon. I've been here for 2 weeks yet I still don't know him. I also informed Doreen, baka pumunta siya sa rooftop at maghintay sa akin.

I saw Cheryl walking towards me while waving her hands like we didn't see each other for years. She kissed my cheeks.

"Iiwan mo na talaga ako?" She clung her right hands to my arm. "Don't ya worey, pupunta rin kami doon!"

"I can't promise something. I don't have any plans to get back here. I found myself enjoying the surroundings of my office in Isabela. I miss being there."

"What about...hehehe nevermind. Libre mo 'ko coffee sa Starbucks para burger ka sa akin." I poked her forehead. Pumunta kami sa Starbucks gaya ng gusto niya.

We ordered Triple Mocha Frappuccino and Cinnamon Danish. We talk a lot as if we're not talking to each other. I'm thankful that I have her as a friend. She talks a lot, eats a lot, and rants about her teacher's life. I saw her cry a lot of times over boys–I'm so glad when he finally found a man.

"So kailan ang wedding?" Sabi ko bago sumimsim sa coffee.

"Next year? Yeah, next year. You should come because you're the bridesmaid!"

I chuckled, "of course! That's your wedding, ano ka ba! Hindi ako pwedeng mawala ro'n."

The expression on her face changed. She's looking at me seriously. I arched my brow. What's with the stares? I snapped my fingers to catch her attention, I caught it but her expression didn't change.

"How about Iñigo, you're not informing him that you're going back to Isabela?"

I bobbed my head while shrugging my shoulders. "I did not. Why would I? He no longer cares about me anyways. And I don't need to tell him."

She stood up "I think you guys need to clear something up. Hindi niyo ino-open yung kung anong nangyari sa inyo. You should tell him before you go back to Isabela."

I held her hands to calm her. She's almost shouting. When she noticed everyone was staring at her, she sat down. I understand her but I don't think that Iñigo will listen to me. I don't want to see him confronting his mom because of me. I think it's better if I keep my mouth shut.

"I don't know how! How could I talk to him? I don't even know where he is! Ayaw kong maghanap ng wala." I rolled my eyes. I heard her sighed. She can't do anything, it's up to me if I want to see him.

"Are you sure you don't know his apartment?" She said, teasing me.

"I don't know if he's there."

She held my hand and pulled me out of the Starbucks. When we got outside she quickly called the taxi. I can't say anything because I still don't know what's happening.

"Wait! Ano ka ba! baka wala siya diyan!" I shout, nasa harap kami ng apartment ni Iñigo. Before I could stop her, she already knocked on the door. I let out a long sigh when no one's answering. Hinila ko si Cheryl pero bago pa man kami maka-alis ay bumukas ang pinto. "Ahm...I'm sorry she taught that this is mine. I'm sorry." I reasoned out.

Cheryl removed my hand from hers. "No, you guys should talk." She said before she ran away.

I scratched my brows, nakatingin lang ako kay Iñigo na parang kakagising lang. He raised his brow. I want to say something but i don't know what to say, I'm stunned.

"Spill it."

"A-Ahm...I really don't know what to say—"

"Just tell me that you're leaving, that's easy." Agad akong nagtaas ng tingin para tignan siya, he looked serious. "You're leaving again, I hope this time you had your reason because the first time you left, you didn't say anything."

"D-Do you really w-want to know why I left you?" I said in a hoarse voice. I coughed. He nodded. Should I tell him? "But promise me, don't blame anyone. Even if it's your mom." His fists clenched, that's why I don't want to say anything, I know where this is going.

"Your mom told me to stay away from you because I might ruin you. So I did, look at you now! I know you're successful but you became successful. Do you think if I didn't listen to your mom, you would be like this? That was the good decision I made. Alam kong parehas tayong nahirapan pero worth it naman. I know that you planned all of this, may secretary si Jared at ako na ang nagma-manage ng business namin sa Isabela."

"Did my mom hurt you?"

I tilted my head. "No she didn't hurt me physically–well she slapped me, I wouldn't allow that to happen again. But she hurt me emotionally. Imagine I've been crying the whole day because of that stupid decision." My heart was pounding because of anger.

"Why didn't you tell me? I'm so sorry. Please tell me what I need to do." He desperately said.

"You don't need to do something, I already forgave her but I can't forget." I smiled before sighing. "That's all, I-I need t-to go...ilang oras nalang at flight ko na. Be good to yourself, thank you. You can ask Cheryl for my number in case you miss me." I joked.

"You're not coming back?" I nodded.

"Wala na rin naman akong gagawin dito. Do you want to take me to the airport?"

"S-Sure..."

He drove the car, he became talkative. Nagke-kwento siya sa mga naging plano niya and I can't help but to pity him. Pinapagaan niya lang ang loob niya.

"You know...why did I go to hawaii?" He said out of nowhere.

"Why?"

"I'm planning our wedding there. I should have proposed to you when I got home but you broke up with me." I was stunned. Ang alam ko lang ay nandoon siya para sa kanila ni Clarice. "I-It hurts..."

"I'm...I'm so sorry. I didn't know."

He held my hands using his right hands. "No it's okay...na-settle naman. You don't have to say sorry."

I kept my mouth shut until we arrived at the airport, he helped me to carry my baggage. I hugged him tight. "Thank you for everything. Don't miss me too much! I hope you'll find your girl. Magiging masaya ako para sainyo. Love her more than how you love me. Until we see each other again. Goodbye!" I waved at him.

Atleast my heart is now at peace and ease. I'm rooting for your happiness Iñigo. Magiging masaya rin tayo. 

____

3 more chapters to go^^