7

Y/n's POV

Today they are arriving. I still haven't spoken to Adam but I will be on my best behaviour when Elizabeth and her parents arrive. I missed school yesterday, that was no fun. At least I didn't have to deal with Billy or Ruby or Josie, that's a positive.

Mother is having me wear a new pink and white dress, it looks nice but is quite uncomfortable.

I hope Elizabeth is nice, and I hope she likes to read. That's all I really talk about with people I don't know. But mother says she's a proper young lady which can also mean she is no fun.

Mother says they will be here in a few minutes so I should go downstairs to the lounge area ready to greet them. I hope they are nice.

"Good afternoon! You must be Mr and Mrs Stuarts, and you must be the lovely Elizabeth Stuarts. Welcome. Come in come in." Mother is putting on her nice voice. "Let us take your hats and coats."

"Oh, why thank you." Mrs Stuarts adds. "What a splendid home."

"Now where is my son in law." Mr Stuarts says in a deep voice.

"Our dear Adam is in here, with his little sister, y/n." Father says guiding them towards us.

Elizabeth is beautiful. I curtsy to the family and introduce my self. I am so amazed by their outfits I only just notice the little girl hiding behind her mother, she looks about 5 or 6.

"Hello, what is your name?" I say bending down and reaching out my hand. She looks up at her mother who responds with a nod.

"My name is Lilly, I am 5, Elizabeth is my sister and you are very pretty." She says seemingly all in one breath.

"Why hello Lilly, and may I say you are very pretty too." As soon as I finish my sentence she jumps into my arms for a hug.

"Lilly! Get off her!" Mr Stuarts yells.

"Oh no really it's ok, I don't mind. She is a very nice girl." I smile up at everyone and my mother looks like she is going to scream at me.

"Would you like to sit, we have some refreshments and food as well if you want." Mother says trying to change the subject.

Everyone goes to the couches, Adam sits next to Elizabeth, the Stuarts together and my parents together. I go get the food and drinks and Lilly wants to follow me so I let her. We then sit down as well and she sits on my lap. My mother thinks it is very pore manners but she is calm with me so it is ok. They are all talking about the wedding when I hear someone say my name. It's Elizabeth.

"Oh sorry, yes?" I say looking up.

"Well y/n, I was just asking if you would help me with decorations and invitations? Your brother here says you have an amazing eye for detail." She says smiling at me.

"Yes, of course I will help. I didn't know he talked about me much." I laugh.

"Dear, he talks about all the time, you are probably his favourite person."

"Is that so?" I say looking at Adam.

"He also says you were always the strong one, beat him in any argument." She says impressed.

"Oh no! No our daughter will not argue with anyone. She is a good young girl." Father says to Elizabeths parents.

"Oh, no we don't think a mind makes a girl improper, I am very impressed by a girl who has her own ideas." Mrs Stuarts says. Really?

"Thank you very much Mrs Stuarts." I say.

"No dear, please call me Lydia."

Just at that moment there is frantic knocking at the door.

"Y/n, go answer it will you?" Father says.

"Of course."

I open the door and see none other than Gilbert Blyhte. Oh no.

I turn back to the lounge and ask if they will excuse me for a minute.

"Gilbert!" I whisper yell pushing him outside. "What are you doing here?!"

"So your not sick?"

"No! I'm not sick!"

"Then why haven't you been at school? It's been two days. And why are you wearing such a nice dress?" Why did he have to come now?

"Adam is here, and so is his fiancée and her family, so that's seven people you almost ruined my life in front of!"

"Oh, ohhhh. I'm sorry, I just wanted to make sure you were ok. I knew I shouldn't have come. Sorry." He starts walking away but if he walks that way he will be seen through the window.

"No! Come with me, you have to go this way." I redirect him so he goes around the back of the house.

"Ok, thank you, see you soon." And with that he walks away and I go back into the house.