35

Anne's POV

Y/n and I took the train together with our families to Charlottetown for Sebastian's wedding and it was the most beautiful thing ever. Mary is lovely and they are planning to live in Avonlea so we will see them often.

Y/n's POV

Babies, it turns out, are not always fun and cute.
And my dear brother is a bit stressed. I do not know why, every one else looks after sweet baby Georgie.

Mother is obsessed with the baby, as is Mrs Stuarts. And me, apparently. This last two weeks all I have done is try to get that baby to sleep. I'm practically living at Elizabeth's. She is a brilliant mother.

Today as she was putting the baby down for a nap Anne and I tried to teach Lilly how to bake biscuits. Mrs Stuarts is convinced we're going to burn the house down. She's quite dramatic.

"Is it supposed to be so sticky?" Anne asks me, concerned as she looks at the dough Lilly's rolling.

"Umm... it'll be fine. I hope."

"Can we eat it now?" Lilly asks for the 10th time.

There's a knock on the door as I'm preparing a tray of biscuits so Anne opens it quickly followed by Lilly.

I can hear Lilly giggling in the entrance as Elizabeth comes into the kitchen and sits down, sighing with exhaustion.

"Hello, dear Lizzy. Good night's sleep?" I laugh, giving her a hug from behind.

"I don't know who makes me more tired, Georgie or you." She laughs. "I finally got him down for a nap. I treasure him, I do, but I wish I had a nanny."

"You have all of us." Anne says as she takes a seat next to Lizzy.

And as soon and Lizzy is relaxed, the baby cries.

"Ok, I'm going to go check on him." I say with a smile as I attempt to brush the flour off my hands.

"I'll come with you." I hear Gilbert say as he walks across the kitchen.

"Look y/n, your prince is here!" Lilly squeals. "I was supposed to announce him." She adds.

"Well, thank you Lilly. But, that baby is still crying so lets go." I laugh as a drag Gilbert with me through the house.

Once we enter the nursery I immediately pick up the baby from his fancy, little bassinet.

"Hi Georgie. Why aren't you sleeping?" I say in the baby voice I've been using since he was born, I just can't stop.

Gilbert's POV

As I watch my beloved y/n dance around the room with that adorable little baby in her arms, my heart feels like it will explode. It's as if I'm looking into my future.

He finally stops crying and she smiles up at me with her beautiful eyes.

"You're a natural." I smile.

"I'm exhausted." She sighs.

"You're not even his mother, but you care for him like he's your child. You're too good for this world." I say as I take the sleeping baby from her arms and put him back to bed. "I know I say this a lot, but I love you so much." I whisper as I kiss her hair.