25

Gilbert's POV

I take y/n back to her house, we talk and laugh along the way. I help her down from the carriage and walk her to her door.

"Gilbert, would you like to come for dinner tonight? We're having pie." Mrs y/l/n offers while I say goodbye to y/n.

"That sounds lovely. I'll tell Sebastian, what time would you like us?" I say and watch y/n's smile grow.

"5 should be good. And don't worry about the carriage. See you soon." She responds and I leave to head home. It's only 3 at the moment so I will do some work with Bash.

"Bash! We're going to y/n's for dinner!" I announce walking into the house.

"Good 'cause I can't stand anymore of your potatoes." He laughs as I sit down on the couches with him. I hit him jokingly.

It's good having Bash around.

Bash's POV

We only did a little bit of work today because it was so freezing and Gilbert only talked about y/n. Now he's trying to decide what to wear.

"What about this one?" He ask walking in with another white shirt.

"It's a white shirt. They all look the same, you should be looking for a pair of trousers that don't have holes or mud stains." I tell him.

"You're right. Get up, help me." He realises dragging me to his wardrobe.

"Y/n won't care what your wearing, and from what I've heard, her parents won't either." I say as we finally find a outfit he is satisfied with.

"Now we need to find you clothes." He say grabbing my arm again.

"What's wrong with this?" I ask pointing to my clothes.

"You look like a farm boy." He say's giving me an unsatisfied look. "Here, white shirt, clean pants, and a jacket. We only have 6 minutes until we have to leave." He throws clothes at me and pushes me into my room. I think he's a bit nervous.

Y/n's POV

Mother ask's me to wear my maroon dress as she thinks it's the most appropriate style. She's making this a very big deal. Much more than I think it is.

I walk down stairs to help set the table.

"Y/n, what is Sebastian like?" Father asks while he reads the newspaper.

"Umm, well he's from Trinidad, not very well off, and he worked on the steamer for about ten years. And he really dislikes the cold." I laugh at the end.

"Trinidad? That's interesting. Is he... like us? Or is he a dark skinned man?" I can tell my father is uncomfortable asking.

"He is black yes. But he's a person, a nice person so I don't think you should need to bring it up." I tell both my parents when we hear a knock at the door.

I open it and welcome the boys into the house. I introduce Bash to my parents and we head to the dining room.

"This food looks splendid. Much better than what Blythe's been making me eat." Bash say's and Gilbert and I laugh.

"Thank you, Sebastian. We can give you two the recipe if you ever need it." Mother says and he thanks her.

A/n- sorry I have been so inactive. I am amazed this has 1k reads already but I would like to ask if you like it if you could vote or comment because I would love to interact with you guys. Thank you 😊