31

Gilbert's POV

"Y/n!" I yell after her.

"What?" She yells back, laughing.

"Look at me." She turns so I can see the tears streaming down her face. "What happened this morning?"

"Billy. Billy is what happened. He destroyed Cole's artwork, Cole's safe place, he destroyed Cole! And get this, I was supposed to be married to that monster by now! Me! If I had to be with him I would jump off that cliff!" She cries, but she's still laughing.

"But you're not married to him, you're with me." I say trying to hug her.

She pushes me away, "You left. And Lizzie left. And Adam left and I was alone. You don't know how many times I ran to that cliff. And I'm not saying that you didn't have a right to leave, your dad died. And I am so sorry. But without you I fell back into the hole I had just crawled out of. Without Adam my parents went back to how they were the first time he left. They stopped talking to me. I barely ate for that year because no one was worth it." She cries.

"We came back. We all came back and I'm never leaving you again. I love you." I pull her into my arms.

"I'm so sorry." She whispers. Her tears dampen my shirt. I hold her close as we begin to walk back to my house.

We walk in comfortable silence, I place a kiss on her head every now and again.

Not far from my house I spot our fox wandering through the trees. I stop walking and smile.

"What? What is it?" Y/n asks concerned.

"Look." I whisper, pointing to Frankie.

"Oh." Her face relaxes and she starts to smile a little.

I take her hand and pull her into a hug, just like the first time we saw our fox.

Bash still isn't home. I presume he went into town. Y/n went back to her house so I decide to got sit by my fathers grave, I don't know what to do.

Suddenly I have an amazing idea. I run into the house to find the deed to the land.

Anne's POV

I'm sitting with the girls, Diana, Ruby and y/n. I decide we have to do something to get Miss Stacy back, they can't just get rid of her. Moody walks in and when he hears what we're doing he wants to help. I'm ecstatic.

Our plan is a day old now, I meet Diana and Ruby on our way to Moody and y/n. We ride y/n's carriage to the farm where Cole is working the fields.

We wave Cole over to us, he's quite confused.

"Get in, we're going to Charlottetown."

"Now?"

"Yes"

"Why?"

"I'll tell you on the way." I say.

"You're coming with us, you need to see miss Barry." Y/n continues.

"She'll have some advice for you, i'm sure of it." I finish.

"You're driving there?" He asks.

"We're taking the train."

"I don't have any money."

"Neither do we."

"It's a caper, it'll be fine." I laugh.

"I'm already in enough trouble." He sighs.

"So how much worse could it get?" Y/n states.

We make it to the train and when Cole realises my plan the questions start coming.

"Where hopping the freight cart?"

"I can't breathe." Diana whispers.

"We're all going to die!" Ruby squeaks.

"It'll be fine." Y/n says, a little nervously.

"People do it all the time. I read about it in a book."

"A book?" Y/n asks.

"You've never done it?!" Moody adds.

"How hard could it be? Just gotta get the timing right. I'll go up first, then y/n. It'll be fine."

"Now Ruby." Diana say as her friend protests.

Diana and Ruby climb up to meet  y/n and me.

But Moody stumbles on his way. Cole drags him up to the us and we all make it one the train as it starts to move.