15

Y/n's POV

It has been a week and a bit now and we are all back at school, Adam and Lizzy's wedding is this Saturday, her dress is stunning. The Stuarts have bought their house and have begun to move in, we will host the reception on Saturday night.

After the fire, Anne and Ruby have become much closer, to Josie's dismay. Josie now wants to be best friends with Elizabeth because she is older and more mature, like her apparently.

Gilbert and I have been going on walks and talking a lot almost every day, but he didn't come to school today. Mr Phillips asked Anne to go drop some books off at his house, saying he will be away for a while.

The Stuarts have been helping him as much as possible but yesterday he said he didn't want help anymore, I think something bad is going on. It's two days until the wedding, so I should be helping but I decide that I should go check on Gilbert and Mr Blythe.

When I knock on the door Gilbert answers straight away.

"Hey." I say and smile a little.

"Y/n, please come sit. How are you? What's wrong?" He keeps asking me questions until I cut him off,

"No. I am here to check on you. Do you need me to get anything?" I ask.

"No. Can you just stay here for a while?" He takes my hand.

"Yes, of course." I give his hand a squeeze and he starts to tell me everything, he thinks his dad is near the end, and he doesn't want to leave him. That's why he didn't come to school.

"Come with me. I want you to meet him." We stand and he leads me to a bedroom.

"Dad? This is y/n, she came by to say hello." As he says my name I see a smile apear on Mr Blythe's face.

"Y/n, what a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. My son has told me lots about you, all good I insist." He sounds strained and tired.

"It's so nice to meet the man who raised such a lovely boy." I say as Gilbert takes a seat in the chair next his fathers bed.

We all talk until I can tell his father is getting too tired and I offer to go make some food before I leave.

"Oh, y/n you don't have to. I'm sure your parents are concerned by your lateness." Gilbert says leading me back out to the door.

"Are you sure?" He nods, "Well it was very nice meeting your dad, and I hope I will see you soon, perhaps at the wedding?" I suggest and he nods a little. Then he pulls me into a hug and I leave.

When I get home I just say I was with my friends walking around for a while and we begin to get ready for dinner. As soon as I was done cleaning up, I went up to my room to read and go to sleep. Tomorrow is one day till the wedding. And I am very nervous. I know everything will be fine but I am still in charge of decorating.